Welcome

Moderators: Jenn_S, liesl_99801, Admin, Moderators

Postby GingerKid » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:05 am

Amanda_Tapping_Fan wrote:Flip, are you talking about -56 and -40 fahrenheit or celcius. Either way thats freaking cold.....it was like...5 degrees celcius last night....and its autum here...my gosh and I think 0's cold.....

Actually, minus 40 is the same regardless of fahrenheit or celsius. But I'm talking celsius. Brrr.
GingerKid

Postby Amanda_Tapping_Fan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 am

Oh yeah thats just a little nippy....... :?
Amanda_Tapping_Fan 4 Life

"The men cheered, the Woman Fainted, and the children waved multicolored flags" :D
Yip thats me, Im a woman when It come to Amanda
Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Location: somewhere...some place..looking like a kiwi fruit with cucumber/tomato legs...

Postby Amanda_Tapping_Fan » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:07 am

So hows your summer going over there....winter is a little chilly but not really bad at all.

"The men cheered, the Woman Fainted, and the children waved multicolored flags" :D
Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Location: somewhere...some place..looking like a kiwi fruit with cucumber/tomato legs...

Postby liesl_99801 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 am

Well Summer here in Alaska has had all the Polar Bears running for shade. We have had a warm summer. Broken several records. This past week it has been in the 80's F So I am melting. LOLOL Love the sunshine though...have to grab it when I can.
liesl_99801
GABIT Staff

Postby mocha » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 pm

wow! you mean it's been warmer in alaska than in chicago? we've had very few days above 80 this summer. i'm very greatful for the coolness. i've spent the last couple weeks completely cleaning out the garage and then having a garage sale. my dad had literally, hundreds of tools and enough hardware to build a skyscraper. i never did figure out what half the tools were. now, finally, i can use the garage to do some woodworking.
mocha

Postby Trindajae » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:52 pm

If you look at a temperature map of North America for the last couple of days, you see a definite trend. I don't have to know any meteorology to see that central Canada is shoving a cold front south again. Why are they always doing that, anyway? And why does British Columbia only share the wealth when Oregon already has plenty of cold of it's own?

Incidentally, we're back down into the 90s F now. It was above 100*F (100F = approx 38*C) for a couple of days there. That was very not okay. Our grass is actually brown now. This is Oregon. The grass should never get brown, even if you don't water it.
==================================
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Trindajae

Postby Jenn_S » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:47 pm

raining.............

yep that is pretty much it!

There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile can speak them all!!
Jenn_S
GABIT Staff

Postby Trindajae » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Exactly. There's a reason one of our two most popular sports teams is the Oregon Ducks. Rain = Happy weather.
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
Trindajae

Postby llperkiss » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Amanda_Tapping_Fan wrote:So hows your summer going over there....winter is a little chilly but not really bad at all.

HOT....this is Seattle, what's happening. Back east is cooler then here. ENOUGH ALL READY - who got into a fight (AND LOST) to the Sun God. GO AND APOLOGIZE. I want my cool weather back.
llperkiss

Postby llperkiss » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:34 pm

liesl_99801 wrote:Well Summer here in Alaska has had all the Polar Bears running for shade. We have had a warm summer. Broken several records. This past week it has been in the 80's F So I am melting. LOLOL Love the sunshine though...have to grab it when I can.

Only the 80's. We have been in the high 90's and over 100 on two days. IT SUCKS!
llperkiss

Postby GingerKid » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 am

Oh, weather. We had snow in June. It was cold/lovely today. It was HOT yesterday. I lost several layers while experiencing the Fringe. It has rained twice. The river is LOW. I have been overcooked. I have burnt. I have peeled. I have had very hot showers to warm up, very cold showers to cool down, and rain-like showers to remember what it feels like.

I hate summer. Worst season ever invented.
GingerKid

Postby Trindajae » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 am

llperkiss wrote:Only the 80's. We have been in the high 90's and over 100 on two days. IT SUCKS!

Oregon is getting hit with the same weather pattern. Right there with ya on the desire for the cool to come back. Though I'd love it if we skipped the massive Canadian cold front that dropped so much snow on us last winter.
Trindajae

Postby llperkiss » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Trindajae wrote:
llperkiss wrote:Only the 80's. We have been in the high 90's and over 100 on two days. IT SUCKS!

Oregon is getting hit with the same weather pattern. Right there with ya on the desire for the cool to come back. Though I'd love it if we skipped the massive Canadian cold front that dropped so much snow on us last winter.

I loved the snow at Xmas. It was right up to the edge of the water. Although some of the fish seemed perturbed. I only got a little frustrated around day 9 when my supplies of fresh foods was running low. But, there is always the freezer. I stacked up when I heard it was going to snow. My cats didn't like it. Sammie put her paw into it, looked at me with a dirty look, shock off the paw and walked back into the house. Someone had messed up her balcony with that white stuff.
llperkiss

Postby Trindajae » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 pm

I would've been thrilled if I'd not had to go out in it. My car is too small to make it through the half-meter-deep snow drifts, so I was stuck using the bus. I'll give credit where it's due, those drivers were amazing in that they kept the city running at all, much less anything close to on time. I just wish it hadn't necessitated a 25-minute wait in a street corner in -10*F (-23*C) weather with a 30mph (~48kmh) wind. I couldn't get my shoulders to stop scrunching up around my ears, which made my whole neck cramp up after about 15 minutes. Oh, and you know life is bad when you (as fire department dispatch) call the electric company to tell them that they have a high-voltage line down across a street and, when you ask them for an ETA for a repair crew to get there, they start in with the broken sort of laugh that says they passed "seriously overworked" about three hours ago and are now well on their way to "clinically depressed."

And though it probably sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. I had a lot of fun those weeks. It was like a fun adventure. This is, of course, proof that I'm completely mental. I do *not* want it to happen again. Even if I was bouncing and giggling and causing my coworkers to worry for my sanity the whole time. And it made for some fabulous stories.
Trindajae

Postby GingerKid » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:10 am

You know, I had posted something here but it seems to have vanished into cyber-space. Oh well. It wasn't that interesting anyway. Weather...
GingerKid

Postby Amanda_Tapping_Fan » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 am

Ah snow at xmax time........Ive never had a white christmas before but it sounds cool.......infact I've never even been snowed on......

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Postby llperkiss » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:20 am

Amanda_Tapping_Fan wrote:Ah snow at xmax time........Ive never had a white christmas before but it sounds cool.......infact I've never even been snowed on......

I grew of in So. California. I think it snowed once when I was about 3. I don't remember it, but my Mom told me about it. After that I had to go skiing or to the mountains to experience it. Now I live in Seattle. It snows there a little. This last Xmas it went nuts and stayed on the ground at sea level for about 10 days. Loved it. But, I went grocery shopping the day before it snowed. I supplied my shelves with everything I needed and didn't start running out of stuff until day 8. But, still had more then enough to last. I just stayed home and went outside to play a little.
llperkiss

Postby Aeryn » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Everyone go and say hi to our newest friends to date !! Click here! or go in the off topic section :D
Aeryn

Postby Aeryn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:29 pm

(sorry for the 2x posting)

Hello !

Ma roomie & I wondered: what will be the ceremony "Amanda's Fans alone - but not for long" , scheduled on Friday 1PM ?? What can we expect, exactly? My roomie and I will try and get there in time, but this is just my curious self talking again :lol:

Thank you
twitter: @roseverafter - tumblr: kyntira
Newbie ? Be sure to come and say hi, I SWEAR I do not bite ! =D
Aeryn

Postby llperkiss » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:22 pm

Aeryn wrote:(sorry for the 2x posting)

Hello !

Ma roomie & I wondered: what will be the ceremony "Amanda's Fans alone - but not for long" , scheduled on Friday 1PM ?? What can we expect, exactly? My roomie and I will try and get there in time, but this is just my curious self talking again :lol:

Thank you

Good question, have no idea. :?

My guess in the shorter ones could be an episode of SG1 or Atlantis or even some of the videos made by fans. The longer one could even be one of the movies she made with SG1. But, we'll find out pretty soon. :D
llperkiss

Postby Keely » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:44 pm

I believe it's the meet and greet part to make friends - especially for peeps travelling alone who might be a bit nervous n stuff
Keely

Postby Aeryn » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 pm

Yes Keely, but for real, what will it be like? A meeting, a "first time" in the Q&A room and each of the newbie get the mic to introduce themselves? I am curious, I admit it. Maybe they want to keep it all a surprise too, :lol:
Jeez, I'll never be off with my curiosity :lol:

Llperkiss, aren't those the film screening? *scratch*

I don't know. But I have difficulty to wait for next friday, my mom is growing tired of me talking and talking and talking about it all the time XD
Aeryn

Postby Keely » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:33 am

You were the kid who started hunting for their Christmas presents in October weren't you? hahahahahaha

I don't know, don't ya like surprises? :lol:
Keely

Postby Mumsey » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:19 am

Liesl, who will be running the meeting, is currently on her way here from Alaska (not an easy journey). She will be on line again soon, and will answer your questions. I can't, because I don't know what she has planned.

Hang in there! Not long now.

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Aeryn » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:11 am

Keely wrote:You were the kid who started hunting for their Christmas presents in October weren't you? hahahahahaha

I don't know, don't ya like surprises? :lol:

Nope, I never enjoyed Christmas, and never looked for presents :lol:
And as for the 2nd question: depends on the surprise and the event. LOL But I agree, I'm a little nervous and a lot excited about this new event (for me), so forgive my dumb questions

--------------------

Ok Mumsey, this was a question out of the blue: I was discussing it with my roomie about the arrival schedule (we arrive together and she'd like to make a detour by Oxford St first :lol: ) and we just realized we didn't know what exactly that was.
I take it that it hasn't been done before? I think I assumed it already occured previously. No need to bring in the cavalry, if it's new, well let the surprise happen :lol:

Aeryn, aka Skaene
The one that should just stop asking questions, quit being nervous and just let things happen :roll:
Aeryn

PreviousNext

Return to AT4 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long