Another newbie!

Discuss our event(s) ;)

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Another newbie!

Postby badfalcon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi.. I'm Cassie and I'm new around these here parts. A wonderful friend of mine bought me a ticket for AT9 yesterday and I am ridiculously flailing... like you have no idea.
:B:

I have no idea what to expect, I don't know anyone and I'm really nervous! (and quite shy in real life). So... yeah... hi! *waves*
badfalcon

Re: Another newbie!

Postby moody-weasel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:41 am

Hi badfalcon and welcome the the forum! :)

Is this your first convention and is your friend coming as well? A good place to meet other nervous newbies is the newbies meeting on Friday of the convention. :)
At the meeting the G4 introduce themselves, talk about the con and there are usually a bunch of regulars and staff (red shirts) and stewards (blue shirts) attending it as well so if you have any questions, just grab one of us and ask away. :mrgreen:

I put together tips for newbies here: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1554

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Nicky.
moody-weasel

Postby badfalcon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi Nicky and thanks for the welcome.

It's not my first con - been doing them for a good 20 years or so now, go to a handful a year. And yeah, my friend's coming too. He's also been doing cons for a while but usually really small ones! Newbies meeting sounds good - thanks for letting me know

Cassie
badfalcon

Postby moody-weasel » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:52 am

Ha, that's cool, I went to my first con in 1996. :D

The others who mentioned that they are really nervous have never been to a con and are traveling alone. So you got a headstart on them. ;)

AT9 won't be that big, they sell a maximum of 270 tickets so inlcuding staff there won't be more than 300 people.
Since Amanda is the only guest it is really relaxed, no running around trying to get someone's autograph while missing another guest who's on stage at the same time.

There will be Q&As, photo session, auto session, an auction and a masquerade ball, which is pretty much standard con stuff.
This year Amanda will be performing something as well. Monologues written for her for the event.
I'm looking forward to that.

Cheers,

Nicky.
moody-weasel

Return to GABIT Chat