Hello New Friends!

Keep it civil, people.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Hello New Friends!

Postby GreenEggsNSamm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Hello New Friends!

I'm excited to have finally found my way here. I'm loving the feel of this forum. It's rare to find one so warm and inviting. I can't wait to get to know everyone. :D

I suppose an introduction is in order, huh?

My name is Samantha, but you can call me Samm. *waves* I'm from the Chicago area. Aside from being a giant Sanctuary fan, and an Amanda fan in general, I love to compete in horse shows, make costumes, and poorly play video games. I've been the Assistant Director of Media Relations/Interview Manager at Dragon Con for almost 9 years and have met some amazing friends/family. If you go, let me know. I would love to meet you!

I met the remarkable Amanda Fan Jill B. at Dragon Con many years ago. I'm sure some, if not most, of you knew her and what a beautiful soul she was. Jill touched a lot of people. We became fast friends and I can't begin to explain the impact her friendship had on my life. She also introduced me to Amanda a few years later at Dragon Con. I was super excited to find out Amanda can cross her eyes the same way I can! (Paralyzed muscle in my left eye so only my right eye looks left). It will always be my favorite photo-op simply because Amanda was as excited as I was about the eye crossing thing.

I hope to make it to a GABIT Event, just need to save enough money. From what I've heard from Jill and what I've seen on these forums, the events sound soooo amazing. It would be awesome to be around so many Amanda fans and I love the big focus on charity!

In the meantime, I'm going to tag along with my friend and partner in crime, to Gate Con 2018. We just planned out our costumes for this year and we're so excited! I know it's a Stargate convention, but it can't hurt to squeeze a little Sanctuary in there for one day, right? We plan on doing Magnus's black and pink outfit from Tempus, and the brown bustle costume from For King and Country (if anyone has anything other than screencaps of this costume I will be forever in your debt). We're also going to make me an Atlantis gate skirt to match my friend's SG-1 gate skirt. *squeals* I'm hoping we'll be able to track our progress on our website (link in my bio). We just have to cross our fingers Amanda will still be able to make it come September! Is anyone here going to Gate Con?

Has anyone done a Magnus or Carter costume before? If you could have any of the costumes Amanda has worn, which one would you want? There are so many great ones!

Oh gosh, this quickly became a rambling mess. I best sign off for now.
It's a pleasure to meet everyone!

Samm
GreenEggsNSamm

Return to Off Topic