New members

Moderators: liesl_99801, Jenn_S, Moderators, Admin

New members

Postby CharlotteTh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:52 am

Hi everyone. I have just joined this website and I know nobody. I would like to know more about this website and the convention it organizes. I'm a huge fan of Amanda Tapping (I think like the most of you here) and I'm from Paris. I would like to talk with some of you and get to know you and the stuff about the convention. And maybe make some friends, and people to hang out at the convention if I can come. :)
CharlotteTh

Re: New members

Postby moody-weasel » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Charlotte,

We're all kind of hibernating (in the Summer...) before the registration begins. That's why it is awfully quiet here.

If you are on Twitter you may want to follow https://twitter.com/GABITEvents there, as they have all the news regarding when registration opens etc.

The event itself usually has around 270 attendees plus staff and stewards.
Amanda does two Q&A sessions each on Saturday and Sunday. The photo shoot with Amanda is on Saturday, the autograph session is on Sunday.
Saturday also has an auction where the money raised goes to Sanctuary for Kids and Hearing Dogs. Even if you don't want to bid in the auction it is great fun to watch Amanda trying to up the bids. :D

In between Q&As most of the attendees spend time in the hotel lobby. It's a great way to meet new people.
Gabit also does a Meet & Greet for the new attendees on Friday.

BTW, there are usually a lot of fans from France at the event.

If you have any questions, just ask.
moody-weasel

Re: New members

Postby Elainec » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:22 am

Welcome Charlotte.

Another thing to watch out for if you are around is the newbies meeting on Friday afternoon - it doesn't take long but is a nice way to see just how many other first time attendees there are. You will realise that it's not really as daunting once you see how many other people are in similar situations.

There is generally quite a few returning attendees who come along, as well as as many staff and stewards as possible - so for the latter it allows you to put faces to names for anyone you may have interacted with online.

After this, registration usually starts and then Friday night is the cocktail party for the people lucky enough to have purchased tickets.

As Nicky said, if you have any questions just ask and someone will jump in.

Elaine
You only live once, but if you do it right, you only need to live once.
Elainec

Return to AT9 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long