Fundraising at AT4 - How to Pay

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Fundraising at AT4 - How to Pay

Postby SuetheLurker » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:48 pm

A couple of questions have been asked on the Forum and by PM about the fundraising at AT4.

We are collecting money this year for Amanda's new charity initiative Sanctuary for Kids and for the Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.

For the items sold in aid of Sanctuary for Kids we will be taking cash (£ sterling only) and we have been told that there will be a credit card facility on their new website to make payment via a PayPal account. The website is due to go live on 2nd November and we will then confirm all the details to you. Payments can be made in this way at the charity desk at AT4 but if you intend bidding at the auction then it would be helpful if you could set up a PayPal account in advance or using the Business Centre at the hotel.

As before representatives from Hearing Dogs will be present and we can therefore take payment in cash (£) , by sterling cheques or credit cards (except Diners Club and American Express)

We will be emailing all attendees directly once we have had the chance to see the Sanctuary for kids website ourselves but in the meantime I hope that this information will be of help to you.

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Safe journeys one and all!

Sue
SuetheLurker

Postby suejackfootball » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi Sue thanks for that. Will Ledgends be there this year as they have been in the past? Thanks
suejackfootball

Postby Aeryn » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm

suejackfootball wrote:Hi Sue thanks for that. Will Ledgends be there this year as they have been in the past? Thanks

This question has already been answered last January or so, so I can safely tell you that indeed, they are coming to AT4 . A few weeks back, when I contacted them with a question, they were sorting out what items to bring, so i think this might count as a confirmation.

Plus so, check the schedule: on the left, it clearly talks about Legends, charity & registration ;)

Looking forward to see you next week ! (oh, feels so good to say that ! *thud* )
twitter: @roseverafter - tumblr: kyntira
Newbie ? Be sure to come and say hi, I SWEAR I do not bite ! =D
Aeryn

Postby suejackfootball » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:20 pm

Thanks, I posted the message prior to reading the adgenda.... typical :lol:

Yes it does sound good to be saying see you next week , really looking forward to it :D
Thanks again
Sue
suejackfootball

Postby Becky_Preen » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 am

I can confirm the Legends team are most definately coming. The phone lines hae been hot with prparations for loads of cool new goodies to tempt you!

Becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby GingerKid » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:04 am

Are you only going to accept English notes? I need to know if I should get my Scottish ones changed - I've heard they aren't typically accepted in England.

Thanks!
GingerKid

Postby Tracy Jane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:17 am

Aren't typically accepted? I thought that they were legal tender and, as such, they had to be accepted at all UK stores. I know that when I used to work in retail (and I worked for three different companies), we alays accepted Scottish notes!
Tracy Jane

Postby No1_sonuk » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:43 am

The whole "legal tender" issue WRT Scottish notes is contentious...

http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/legal_position.php
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Keely » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:32 am

Tracy Jane wrote:Aren't typically accepted? I thought that they were legal tender and, as such, they had to be accepted at all UK stores. I know that when I used to work in retail (and I worked for three different companies), we alays accepted Scottish notes!

Technically stamps are legal tender too - but I dare you to try telling *that* to a cashier...
Keely

Postby Tracy Jane » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:51 pm

No1_sonuk wrote:The whole "legal tender" issue WRT Scottish notes is contentious...

http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/legal_position.php

Oooh, thanks for that. I did not know that stuff!

I know at McDonalds, Co-Op and Max Spielman, at least when I worked there, they accept Scottish notes.

Our Co-Op had an options for paying in stamps on the tills as well. Though no-one ever used the option. I think the manager would have had a nervous breakdown if anyone had!
Tracy Jane

Postby Keely » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

I think scottish money looks like toy money - and yes, have already been ridiculed for this too.

But but..........................only a few more sleeps............... :D
Keely

Postby SuetheLurker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:10 pm

GingerKid wrote:Are you only going to accept English notes? I need to know if I should get my Scottish ones changed - I've heard they aren't typically accepted in England.

Thanks!

We will certainly take Scottish notes on the charity side of things - can't speak for Legends or the Hotel but I don't mind hoofing it to a Bank to get them changed.

Best not to say anything derogatory about anything Scottish in the Gabit world - Jenn and Terri get very annoyed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue
SuetheLurker

Postby GingerKid » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Thanks Sue. Wasn't sure how reliable my resources were. I'll probably get some changed to English just to be on the safe side for buying other things... I personally like the Scottish notes better (in terms of looks). ;) On the other hand, (new) Canadian money looks a lot like play money...
GingerKid

Return to AT4 - Announcements