Hotel accommodation booking now.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Hotel accommodation booking now.

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:44 am

Hi folks,

The Renaissance London Heathrow Hotel is now ready to take bookings
for your accommodation for AT2 on 17th - 19th November 2006.

The hotel code to quote for the Amanda Tapping Gabit Weekend is AT6.

It is important to telephone *in-house reservations* at the
Renaissance at Heathrow itself and not a general reservations number
who might not know about the Event and reduced rate.

The telephone number for in-house is +44 (0)208 564 6166.

The rates per night are as follows:-

70 pounds (GB) B & B Inc VAT - single
80 pounds (GB) B & B inc Vat - double or twin

60 pounds (GB) room only inc VAT - single OR double

Happy booking folks.

Julia
G4 - Guest Services Director
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Postby Tracy Jane » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:33 am

Thanks Julia! Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooot! Now I can book the hotel room and get packing!! What? I little early for the packing? Well, I have two projects I need to put off.
Tracy Jane

Postby Isachou » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry , I'm french and I don't know what 'inc VAT' means... :?
Isachou

Postby Mischeviousgiggler » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:49 pm

YAY! Now I can go pester my Dad to book the rooms :D

Isachou: 'Inc VAT' means 'Including Value Added Tax'...as to what ValueAddedTax actually is, im not sure, Business studies only took me so far :p
Mischeviousgiggler

Postby Becky_Preen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:14 pm

VAT is value added tax which is basically sales tax. At the moment the standard rate in the UK is 17.5%. It is only applied to "luxury" goods and services. eg, fresh food is VAT free, as are books whilst processed foods have VAT applied.

Hotels & discount places often quote room rates excluding VAT which means they can advertise a low rate when the price you end up paying is much more.

Generally in the UK VAT is included in quoted prices so the price you see is the price you pay in most shops.

the hotel rates are including VAT and therefore the total you will pay for your accomodation type.

Becks
who knows way more about VAT than she ever wanted to!
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Tracy Jane » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:45 pm

Isachou wrote:Hi,
I'm sorry , I'm french and I don't know what 'inc VAT' means... :?

Je pense que c'est TVA en francais. En angleterre il y a une taxe sur chaque chose qu'on achete, et ca, ca s'appelle VAT. Il y a plein de magasins et d'hotels ou ils disent un prix, mais le taxe n'est pas inclu. Alors, ici, le prix au-dessus et avec le taxe inclu.
Tracy Jane

Postby Isachou » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:57 pm

Tracy Jane wrote:
Je pense que c'est TVA en francais. En angleterre il y a une taxe sur chaque chose qu'on achete, et ca, ca s'appelle VAT. Il y a plein de magasins et d'hotels ou ils disent un prix, mais le taxe n'est pas inclu. Alors, ici, le prix au-dessus et avec le taxe inclu.

merci ! :D
Isachou

Postby campmotha » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:28 pm

Hey there Thanks for the heads up.

Just wondering for us International Atendees, do we have to ring? or is there a Online booking method??
campmotha

Postby Tracy Jane » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:34 pm

Isachou wrote:
Tracy Jane wrote:

merci ! :D

Aucun probleme!!

As for the rest.... very excited! My roomie booked the room, so I'm sorted!!! Whhooooooooooooot!
Tracy Jane

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:55 pm

campmotha wrote:Hey there Thanks for the heads up.

Just wondering for us International Atendees, do we have to ring? or is there a Online booking method??

It's phone calls for all attendees. There may be a Central Reservations number from New Zealand, you'd have to check, but whichever you choose, make sure that you ask for the Heathrow Renaissance and for AT6, the code for the Event so that you get the right rate.

Julia
G4
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

hotel

Postby JamiHirsch » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:34 pm

Hello all,

I hope I'm not irritating, but I just what to be clear I know what's going on. :) I bought tickets last night and I recieved an email that my payment went through, but am I understanding correctly that my tickets are not a sure thing until I get a confirmation email with detailed info. I'm panicked that the tickets are all gone or something since I didn't find out about this until yesterday.

Also, how soon do I need to book a room at the hotel to gauruntee I'll get one? I'm just a starving, young, wanna be actress flying over from the U.S. :) so I have to save up. Do people come from all over? And will there be a lot of other people there alone like me?

Thanks so much. This means the world to me!

Jami
JamiHirsch

Postby Mumsey » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi Jami

You should have received your acknowledgement by now. Forgive the delay, All the directors (G4) have been laid low by a nasty flu-like virus. We're just coming out the other side of it.

As for the hotel, you will have received details in your acknowledgement. You can book as soon as you like. They will ask for a credit card to hold the room, but will not charge anything until you check out of the hotel; when you can pay by any method you like.

Keep an eye on the forums, and join in the fun. You will get to know some of the other attendees here and will enjoy the convention experience all the more when you get here.

Looking forward to meeing you in November.

Kay aka Mumsey
Registration Director.
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Re: hotel

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:58 pm

JamiHirsch wrote:Hello all,

I hope I'm not irritating, but I just what to be clear I know what's going on. :) I bought tickets last night and I recieved an email that my payment went through, but am I understanding correctly that my tickets are not a sure thing until I get a confirmation email with detailed info. I'm panicked that the tickets are all gone or something since I didn't find out about this until yesterday.

Also, how soon do I need to book a room at the hotel to gauruntee I'll get one? I'm just a starving, young, wanna be actress flying over from the U.S. :) so I have to save up. Do people come from all over? And will there be a lot of other people there alone like me?

Thanks so much. This means the world to me!

Jami

Hi Jami,

First of all don't panic. Second of all you're not being irritating at all. We're here to help.

Your registration did go through. You've just got to wait for Kay (Registrations Director) to send you the confirmation email. The tickets are not sold out yet, so don't worry.

With regard to the hotel. You can book at any time up to the Event but it is always wise to book as soon as possible to get the room type of your choice. No payment is required until you arrive at the hotel but you will need a credit card to give them a number to make the reservation. This is their guarantee but they do not debit the card until you are either there, or fail to arrive and haven't notified them in advance.

We look forward to welcoming you to Amanda's second Event with her fans. Hang around these forums and on the Gabit Yahoo group and get to know everyone before you come. There is also an active Gabit goers thread on the Gateworld forums under their Fandom section, where a lot of the attendees hang out and chat about the first Event and what they're looking forward to at AT2.

Take care,
:D

Julia
G4
Guest Services Director, Gabit Events
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Someone interested in room sharing?

Postby Romina » Tue May 16, 2006 10:14 pm

Hei folks,

Is anybody interestet in room sharing at the AT2 (women favored)?
I thought it's perhaps a good Idea for someone who is alone like me, so
we can share the costs.
I'm an uncomplicated Swiss woman (22 years old).

Greetings from Switzerland,
Romy
Romina

Return to AT2 - Announcements