Welcome

Moderators: Jenn_S, liesl_99801, Admin, Moderators

Welcome

Postby Jenn_S » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:45 am

Hello and a big warm welcome to AT8 - Amanda Fans Not Alone.

A few years ago GABIT realised that there were quite a few fans coming to the event either for the first time or completely by themselves. To help them out and to provide somewhere where not only could those coming by themselves could meet each other but other long term attendees full of knowledge and experiences, Amanda Fans Not Alone was created.

From now until the event any questions that anyone newbie has or anyone that is a little bit frightened coming to the event (alone or not) please feel free to post on this topic or contact myself or Liesl.

At the event Liesl will be holding a big meeting on the Friday afternoon where everyone can come together and get to know each other and a little bit more about what will happen over the weekend. Normally as many of the senior stewards, staff and G4 attend as possible and it is a lot of fun and a very good ice breaker.

We very much look forward to seeing everyone there and to meeting many of you on here first.

Jenn

There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile can speak them all!!
Jenn_S
GABIT Staff

Re: Welcome

Postby Elainec » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Oh so tempted Jenn...
You only live once, but if you do it right, you only need to live once.
Elainec

Postby llperkiss » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:23 pm

My goodness, not one question from a newbie yet? I can think of so many questions and I've been to almost all the cons! Come on people, I know you have questions...... don't be shy, this is the perfect forum! And Jenn is the perfect one to answer them for you.....once she is on her meds - she can be quite, ah, nice! ;) Seriously people = no questions?????
llperkiss

Postby cassievalentine » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 am

not eactly a newbie question, but is there a hotel code? I can't seem to find one in my emails.
cassievalentine

Postby llperkiss » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:50 am

You should have gotten a confirmation you PAID for your reservation to AT8. It came from The GABIT EVENTS REGISTRATION and titled: AT8 Registration Acknowledgement No - at8-xxxx-(Name here). Check that email - you would not have tossed it because it shows you paid for your ticket to Gabit. If you read through it, about 1/2 way through is the hotel code you need.
llperkiss

Postby cassievalentine » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:01 am

Except I seem to have done something stupid and lost that email.
I have my confirmation email about having paid for my cocktail ticket, but that doesn't help me much :/

Emailed Kay. Hopefully I can get this sorted.
cassievalentine

Postby sanctitatem » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi :)

I'm Vicky and this will be my first ever full con.

One question - The Steampunk Ball - is dressing up in the theme optional? If it is, is there a dress code otherwise?

Thanks,

Vicky
sanctitatem

Postby Mumsey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:02 pm

You do not have to dress up for the Steampunk Ball if you don't want to. There is no 'code' for what you wear to this. other than you need to be dressed! :D

See you soon.
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby sanctitatem » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 pm

Thank you :)
sanctitatem

Return to AT8 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long