last letter game-non sg1/sanctuary

Keep it civil, people.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Re: last letter game-non sg1/sanctuary

Postby mocha » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 am

soprano

i was. we were busy trying to get it all done. good thing we didn't have as much food to put out as we used to. but we had enough for everyone. this is just to supplement their food supplies not to give them all they need for the month. there are a lot of other pantries in the near area and i'm sure they go to them all. if they can afford cell phones and iPads for their kids and some have really nice cars. and many smoke, they can afford some of their own food. a lot of people take advantage of the food banks. we have to put marks on the bar codes on the boxes and cans of food that we give out because they try to take the food to the stores and get a cash refund for it. but they can't if we mark the bar code with a black marker. we know that some of them take the clothes and towels or sheet sets, etc. from our used items that we give to them and they try to sell that stuff to other people.one of the volunteers has seen them do that. so i get disgusted with them sometimes. it's just not right!!
mocha

Postby Fud » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:10 am

Origami

I find that hard too understand myself
Fud

Postby mocha » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 am

incense

that's just how people are. there are many that are truly struggling and are grateful for the help we give them. but many of them just want everything given to them. many of them are here illegally and should be deported. i'm sure many of them are criminals of some kind, but they don't have to show any paperwork or anything and no record is kept of those that go to a several different food banks thru the month. there are some that have stolen things from the tables where they have the clothes and other used things. one man stole a winter coat that one of the volunteer kids put on the floor while he was helping us. he let us know his jacket was gone and we all looked for it and finally found some man wearing it swearing that it was his own jacket. so they asked him what he had in his pockets and he couldn't answer and refused to empty the pockets, but the kid knew what was in the pockets and proved the guy was lying. so at least he got his jacket back. if i had been in charge i would have called the police and pressed charges. but they didn't do anything, just let him go and didn't restrict him from coming back. i'm not that forgiving i guess. they should have banned him from the pantry. he'll steal more when the opportunity arises. he could have gotten a free jacket from the clothing area. i have no tolerance for people like that.
mocha

Postby Fud » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:57 am

Evolution

That’s not good, he should have been banned from coming again, only thing is who would remember him if he came back as they do t need too show any ID
Fud

Postby mocha » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:01 am

nasty

i'm sure the t guys in charge would remember his face. they should have banned him. wish i knew who he was so i could keep an eye on him.
mocha

Postby Fud » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:58 am

Yes

Surly you have se unity for that and not you
Fud

Postby mocha » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:29 am

silence

we do have an armed security guy there. plain clothes. he doesn't wear a uniform. he's a retired cop. i would let him deal with him if i knew who he was.
mocha

Postby Fud » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:05 am

Everybody

Now I think that’s scary armed security at a food pantry
Fud

Postby mocha » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:35 am

yeast

not scary. he wears regular clothes and helps us out. doubt any clients know that he is security. considering my state is a "sanctuary" state i'm glad we have security. i'm sure that many of the clients are illegal immigrants and some of them are violent people.
mocha

Postby Fud » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 am

Toast

It’s just that I’m not us3 too heading things like that
Fud

Postby mocha » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:32 am

time

not sure what you mean.
mocha

Postby Fud » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:11 am

Evening

We don’t hear about things like that here
Fud

Postby mocha » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 am

green

doesn't mean it isn't happening. and i watch a lot of news programs so i see more about it. i hear about the muslims throwing acid in women's faces in london and things like the no-go area. don't ever go anywhere near that area. i see posts about a lot of that stuff on facebook too.
mocha

Postby Fud » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 am

Never

If I go anywhere where I think it’s not safe I always lock my car door, I do t take any chances
Fud

Postby mocha » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:30 am

river

that's good as long as you stay in your car. i always have a box cutter with me because i keep it on the scooter for when i go to the food pantry. so i'm always armed a little. it would be hard to get it out quickly. i will eventually get a hand gun.
mocha

Postby Fud » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 am

Rover

Arnt you afraid you will get stopped and questioned about it?
Fud

Postby mocha » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:15 am

Dover

the blade? no its too short to be illegal. i keep it in the pocket on the back of the scooter seat. a gun- i can carry it if its concealed. i can't shoot it in public except if i'm defending myself. some states you can just wear a holster or have a rifle slung over your shoulder, but in my state it has to be concealed carry. and one of the security guys at church told me in this state they accept "mostly" concealed carry. so if it sticks out a little they won't bother you unless they think you are about to do something illegal.
mocha

Postby Fud » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:21 am

Ring

At least by that your making yourself a target for others
Fud

Postby mocha » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 am

gold

why would i be a target? no one can see that i have a gun or knife. i'm a target because i am older and in a mobility scooter. i'm an easy mark for someone that just wants to attack someone that can't fight back. the weapons give me a chance to defend myself. i never want to have to use them, but i will to defend myself or someone else in need. because of my disability i will have to find someone who can give me some self defense training when i learn to shoot.
mocha

Postby Fud » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:33 am

Dang

Will you have too have lessons on how too use it and safety in carrying it? Or do you just buy it and away you go
Fud

Postby mocha » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:04 am

glitter

my brother will teach me the basics, cleaning, loading ,etc. he'll go with me to the shooting range too. but i want to find someone to teach me how to do the best i can from the scooter, since i can't walk very well and can't run at all. and he can teach me techniques and things my brother would probably not teach me. i wont be careless with it because it is a serious responsibility to carry one. i'll join the NRA and get insurance thru them. once i now how to do the basics, i can go to the shooting range and practice on my own without my brother with me.
mocha

Postby Fud » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:30 am

Rainbow

Glad your going to have lessons
Fud

Postby mocha » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:24 am

whacky

absolutely. i've used a gun before, but just to shoot at a target for a while. i did pretty good. i was better with the rifle. but i'd feel better if i was trained by someone who knows what he is doing.
mocha

Postby Fud » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:48 am

Yellowstone

I’ve fired a BB gun at the funfair does that count :ROFLMAO: and won a prize
Fud

Postby mocha » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 am

egg salad

i guess so. i never won a prize when i was shooting. but tit was fun.
mocha

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic