ANOTHER NEWBIE

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

ANOTHER NEWBIE

Postby valentineplus1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:46 pm

Hello to everyone - my name is Sharon, for reasons not really known, this will be my first visit to what appears to be a great gathering of fans. I'm trying to contain my excitement but also admit to being a little nervous - not something that usually happens to me. I'll be attending alone but it seems judging by a lot of the other posts on this site, I won't be the only one and from what I've read, people here seem so welcoming. I'm sure that I'll find a new and interesting circle of friends. Please feel free to send me snippets of what I can expect - I'd love to get to know some of you before February.

Love, light and happiness to all. x
valentineplus1

Postby Mumsey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi Sharon, Welcome to the madness that is GABIT! It's been a little quiet here recently, but don't be discouraged, it will get busy soon.

Looking forward to seeing you in February.

Mumsey
aka Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Shades » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 am

Just found these forums, you're certainly not alone in being alone. I'm a GABIT first-timer too and will also be my first time meeting Amanda :) I also have no idea what to expect!
Shades

Postby Elainec » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 am

Shades wrote:Just found these forums, you're certainly not alone in being alone. I'm a GABIT first-timer too and will also be my first time meeting Amanda :) I also have no idea what to expect!

Expect to have lots of fun over a fantastic weekend.
You only live once, but if you do it right, you only need to live once.
Elainec

Postby Shades » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:35 am

LOL thanks :) I'd sort of gathered that much from reading posts! Just wondering what the deal is with themes and costumes for the Abnormals ball etc and dress codes for Cocktail party... I'm a planner and I like to be prepared way early!
Shades

Questions from a Newbie!

Postby valentineplus1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello all. Just wondered if there is a "What's Gonna Happen Over The Weekend" list that you can see beforehand?
Also, just seen Shades mention about the Cocktail Party and Abnormals Ball, are these events open to all attendees? Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions - I could go through all the forums but there are loads and so much info makes my head hurt...LOL :lol:
Anyway, hope someone can enlighten me.
Thanks in advance.
valentineplus1

Postby Elainec » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:37 pm

To answer your questions:

Cocktail party is only open to those people who requested a ticket and had their names drawn - this is an additional cost to the main weekend and is also sold out, I believe with a waiting list.

Abnormal ball - is free entry to everyone who has the weekend ticket.

Very rough guide to the weekend...

Friday - registration, newbies meeting, cocktail party (as mentioned above). Not so much organised this day as it's general arrival, get bearings, check in, meet up, etc.

Saturday - opening ceremony, x2 talks (am/pm), photo sessions for all attendees, charity auction, abnormals ball.

Sunday - x2 talks (am/pm), auto sessions for all attendees, tea/coffee with Amanda for the raffle winners, closing ceremony where totals raised are generally announced.

There is obviously other detail around the above and there's often things still happening in the main hall when the photo/auto sessions are taking place, or you can just hang out with friends - you just need to keep an eye on the boards for your row being called.

Just ask if you need to know anything else.

Elaine
Elainec

INFO

Postby valentineplus1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:56 pm

Thank you so much for that, sometimes it's helpful just to get a general idea of the weekend.
I am really looking forward to it and so excited.

I'll keep scanning the forums for any other info.

Sharon
valentineplus1

Re: INFO

Postby Elainec » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:39 pm

valentineplus1 wrote:Thank you so much for that, sometimes it's helpful just to get a general idea of the weekend.

Sharon

A number of people tend to lurk until a little closer to the event, but most of the people who answer any questions will be linked directly to Gabit either as a G4 Director, staff or steward - so answers will be fairly accurate until the schedule is released, which is often 1-2 weeks before the event.

Then you can get really excited....

Also, many of the other people who answer questions will have attended previous events, so again information will be based on what they've done.

One thing you should know is that if want to know something, do not be afraid to ask, regardless of how stupid you may think it is. If having an answer to something will increase your enjoyment because you feel more at ease, then ask away.

Of course occasionally some of us like to have a little bit of fun with our own questions - Julia, can you tell me what I need to pack yet??? 😁

Elaine
Elainec

Postby Mumsey » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Elainec wrote:
valentineplus1 wrote:Thank you so much for that, sometimes it's helpful just to get a general idea of the weekend.

Sharon

A number of people tend to lurk until a little closer to the event, but most of the people who answer any questions will be linked directly to Gabit either as a G4 Director, staff or steward - so answers will be fairly accurate until the schedule is released, which is often 1-2 weeks before the event.

Also, many of the other people who answer questions will have attended previous events, so again information will be based on what they've done.

One thing you should know is that if want to know something, do not be afraid to ask, regardless of how stupid you may think it is. If having an answer to something will increase your enjoyment because you feel more at ease, then ask away.

Of course occasionally some of us like to have a little bit of fun with our own questions - Julia, can you tell me what I need to pack yet??? 😁

Elaine

:facepalm:
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Elainec » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Mumsey wrote:
Elainec wrote:

Sharon

Elaine

:facepalm:

:whistle:
Elainec

Return to AT7 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long