Newbies

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Postby Aeryn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 am

SG1Suzi wrote:I'm sure it's not good to be this excited for another 11 months!!!!

previous attendees have gone through it and survived: you'll be fine... Maybe end up a wee bit more wacko than originally but.... yeah, you'll be fine :p

will add you, honey
twitter: @roseverafter - tumblr: kyntira
Newbie ? Be sure to come and say hi, I SWEAR I do not bite ! =D
Aeryn

Postby neverendingimagination » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the facebook group, I've joined that too.

Hi Suzi I followed you on twitter too, don't know how I'm going to survive the excitement either :)
neverendingimagination

Postby Aeryn » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:28 pm

easy, keep talking to others, we'll live off each other's excitement... And right now's nothing compared to closer to the date...

Bwahahah, love having newbies around, dunno why. Promise I don't bite, so don't be afraid to come and see me ! :badgrin:

And sorry my personal account is protected, just had too many spammers, in the end I grew weary of those. But no worries, usually if I see stuff about Amanda, or SG, or whatever common interests I'm never against adding. Never feel shy to ask me anything either, it may take some time as I do not have internet 24/7, but I'll always get back to you.

And feel reassured, with this bunch of people around here, you are in good hands. Personnally NEVER had to complain and had a brilliant time when it was my first con at AT4 ;)

Cheers ! xox
Aeryn

Postby llperkiss » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm

Howdy,
I been reading through all the posts. So, this will be my fifth AT - Gabit event. Started going with AT3 (and I came alone and not knowing anyone).

To all the newbies, be prepared to have fun. That is what this weekend is all about. Most everyone is very friendly and a little nutz! ;) The lobby becomes a second home for many of us as we gather and chat and have fun. Fill free to join in any of the groups...everyone is very friendly.

As for food, etc: there is a Starbucks inside the hotel and a pub under 5 minutes away. And of course there is the hotel restaurant as well. Plus a little longer walk to McD's and other places.

Oh and as for the earlier comment about not remembering names - I'm one of those people as well. However, I do remember faces! :) So don't take it personally - I'd forget my own name if I didn't have a driver's license and passport to remind me! :D
llperkiss

Postby Aeryn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 pm

yay darling, looking forward seeing you again xox
Aeryn

Postby pascale maldo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Hello to all !!
My name is Pascale, I am a mother of two sons, Allan and Paul. My job is nurse in a children's hospital. For me, the AT7 is the first time. I am happy but I am worried because I come alone and I do not know anyone! I'm very shy !!
I have a small question, does anyone want to share a room with me ? . I do not snore, do not talk in my sleep and I'm not sleepwalking! This my husband says!!
I hope I'm not too make mistakes in English ! Fortunately there reste10 months to improve my English! phew!!
see you soon
Hugs :D :D
pascale maldo

Postby mocha » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:51 pm

welcome newbie. if you look in the gabit forum under"AT7-CHAT" there is a thread for people looking to share a room.
mocha

Postby sanctuary082803 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Hello!! Im Tina Marie better known as Sanctuary082803 on FB & Twitter :) I so cant wait for AT7, this is my first AT London event, but I have met Ms Amanda before in NYC a couple years back, & Im going to Shore Leave in Maryland in Aug, shes sched to be there also with Mr.Shatner. So cant wait for a another hug or too. But I expecally cant wait to meet all my new friends and have a great time!!!!! :)
Live for today, Dream for tomorrow, & Learn from Yesterday
sanctuary082803

Postby Ingrid » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:56 pm

hello Everybody I'm Ingrid (twitter: @SJPJ14) and for me it's my second AT and I love this.

See you again in February

Kiss :D
Ingrid

Postby martina » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 pm

Hi everybody! I'm Martina and I'm from Sweden. I think of myself as a newbie even though I was at AT6. It's gonna be fun to go to AT7, hopefully meet some wonderful people and just have a blast.
My Twitter is: OhMyYay
martina

Postby mocha » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:21 am

welcome to the madness(again).
mocha

newbie going alone to AT7

Postby unicorn » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi everyone,
Just thought I would post that I will also be going along on my own to AT7.... definitely seems like billy no mates for that weekend... boohoo :(

I would be happy to talk to anyone on the day, never mind Amanda.

So hi and hello and if you hear a scottish accent it might be mine.

Sandra xx
I trust in me, so you can too, if you have earned it.
unicorn

Postby Mumsey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 pm

As it says in the subject line, you won't be alone for long. Attendees will be easy to see in the massive foyer of the hotel. You will get drawn into one of the many groups there and will make new friends very quickly.

Looking forward to seeing you then.

Mumsey
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

abnormals ball

Postby Harmony » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:52 am

may be a silly and/or off topic question... please forgive as its my first GABIT

Heard about the abnormals ball.. costumes etc. do you have to dress as someone from Amanda's work??. just asking bc I keep seeing this very loverly renaissance style dress that im trying to resist buying
Harmony

Re: abnormals ball

Postby Shi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:12 am

Harmony wrote:may be a silly and/or off topic question... please forgive as its my first GABIT

Heard about the abnormals ball.. costumes etc. do you have to dress as someone from Amanda's work??. just asking bc I keep seeing this very loverly renaissance style dress that im trying to resist buying

Nope, it doesn't have to be an Amanda related costume. Costume up however you like. There are folks who don't even dress up. You can now stop resisting the urge to buy pretty renaissance dresses. Spend more money!! ;)

Also, hello everyone! This will be my second AT event and I am ridiculously, superly excited.
Shi

Re: newbie going alone to AT7

Postby murrinholi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

unicorn wrote:Hi everyone,
Just thought I would post that I will also be going along on my own to AT7.... definitely seems like billy no mates for that weekend... boohoo :(

I would be happy to talk to anyone on the day, never mind Amanda.

So hi and hello and if you hear a scottish accent it might be mine.

Sandra xx

It's my first event too Sandra, we can be two Scots in the wilderness together! ;) - only joking. Where abouts in Scotland are you from?
murrinholi

Postby Mumsey » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:19 pm

You won't be the only Scots in the event. We have several more coming and some are staff and stewards. You'll be right at home!

Mumsey
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby SG1Suzi » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:32 pm

And some honorary scots, who are actually English, but lived a lot of years in Scotland before moving to oz :). ( that's me btw)
SG1Suzi

Postby wacky_jacqs » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi everyone!

I, too, shall be a newbie at AT7. My name's Jacqueline (although everyone refers to me as Jac) and I'm an Irish lass.

I've spoken to a few fellow AT7 attendees via Twitter, but I haven't actually met any of them in person, so I’m still nervous for February. This will also be my first GABIT event (or any event/convention of this sort) so I don't know what to expect. It'll also be my first time meeting Amanda – so I guess I've a few reasons to be nervous and excited. I can't wait to meet everyone though; I'm counting down the days!

I'm on Twitter as well - @wacky_jacqs - if you don't mind numerous tweets about my love for AT, RDA, Stargate and Sanctuary, of course!
wacky_jacqs

Postby Mumsey » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi Jac! And welcome to the madness that is GABIT. It's fairly quiet over here at the moment, but it will liven up closer to the event. I'm sure I won't be the only one to respond to you, and you will get to know more of us before you arrive.

We're all fairly harmless and great fun to be around. :newbanana: You're in for a treat.

Mumsey :wahoo:
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Keely » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Mumsey wrote:
We're all fairly harmless and great fun to be around. :newbanana: You're in for a treat.

Talking about me? ;)
Keely

Postby wacky_jacqs » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:58 pm

Mumsey wrote:Hi Jac! And welcome to the madness that is GABIT. It's fairly quiet over here at the moment, but it will liven up closer to the event. I'm sure I won't be the only one to respond to you, and you will get to know more of us before you arrive.

Thank you for the welcome Mumsey - I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning all about what the AT weekend involves. I think I'll be out of my comfort zone, but everyone seems lovely so far, so I know I'll be in good hands! :)
wacky_jacqs

Postby Mumsey » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Keely wrote:
Mumsey wrote:

Talking about me? ;)

Moi??? :whistle:
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Mumsey wrote:Hi Jac! And welcome to the madness that is GABIT. It's fairly quiet over here at the moment, but it will liven up closer to the event. I'm sure I won't be the only one to respond to you, and you will get to know more of us before you arrive.

For all those Newbies out there - first person you want to meet is MUMSEY!

Not only is she our (un)official best greeter, she gives the best hugs around with Amanda right up there with her! A hug from each and you are in nirvana heaven! :D

Hope to see and meet you all at AT7) (well most of you at least) ;)
llperkiss

Postby Mumsey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:54 pm

llperkiss wrote:

For all those Newbies out there - first person you want to meet is MUMSEY!

Not only is she our (un)official best greeter, she gives the best hugs around with Amanda right up there with her! A hug from each and you are in nirvana heaven! :D

Hope to see and meet you all at AT7) (well most of you at least) ;)

Awwwww, Shucks! :oops:

Looking forward to meeting everyone and the hugfest that goes with it!

:newbanana:

Mumsey
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

PreviousNext

Return to AT7 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long