Welcome!

Moderators: liesl_99801, Jenn_S, Moderators, Admin

Been on the waiting list

Postby chloe_t132 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi, I'm Chloe.

I've been on the waiting list and now I finally have a ticket. I am so sooooo excited to meet Amanda, but I haven't been to anything like this before so I am beyond nervous right now.

Also I am looking to see if anyone needs a room mate for the time we're all in London??


Thanks from a super excited Chloe xxxxx
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Postby telkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 pm

RDAJON wrote:I lived in Vancouver earlier this year for 3 months and want to go back there too before my visa runs out :)
Where did you live overseas?


I..uh... Lived in Vancouver earlier this year for 6 months and wish I could go back before my visa runs out..
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Been on the waiting list

Postby RDAJON » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:58 pm

chloe_t132 wrote:Hi, I'm Chloe.

I've been on the waiting list and now I finally have a ticket. I am so sooooo excited to meet Amanda, but I haven't been to anything like this before so I am beyond nervous right now.

Also I am looking to see if anyone needs a room mate for the time we're all in London??


Thanks from a super excited Chloe xxxxx


Hi Chloe!!

Same here!!! :) Where abouts are you travelling from? I have just paid for my ticket today and I'm super excited!!! :)

Congratulations on getting a ticket!! :)

I haven't met AT either so really looking forward to it.

Hope to see you there, I'll be one of the few crazy Aussies waving Tim Tams around lol :)

Good luck finding a roomie :) Let me know if you have any trouble. Also I haven't been to an AT convention eiher but I have been to a few others, and anyone on here would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have :)

Cinds
User avatar
RDAJON
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: Australia

Postby RDAJON » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:00 pm

telkesh wrote:
RDAJON wrote:I lived in Vancouver earlier this year for 3 months and want to go back there too before my visa runs out :)
Where did you live overseas?


I..uh... Lived in Vancouver earlier this year for 6 months and wish I could go back before my visa runs out..


lol how funny is that, I was there from Feb to April, minus two weeks I spent travelling around the US :)
User avatar
RDAJON
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: Australia

Postby telkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:04 pm

RDAJON wrote:
telkesh wrote:
RDAJON wrote:I lived in Vancouver earlier this year for 3 months and want to go back there too before my visa runs out :)
Where did you live overseas?


I..uh... Lived in Vancouver earlier this year for 6 months and wish I could go back before my visa runs out..


lol how funny is that, I was there from Feb to April, minus two weeks I spent travelling around the US :)


December to may for me.
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Been on the waiting list

Postby chloe_t132 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:08 pm

RDAJON wrote:
chloe_t132 wrote:Hi, I'm Chloe.

I've been on the waiting list and now I finally have a ticket. I am so sooooo excited to meet Amanda, but I haven't been to anything like this before so I am beyond nervous right now.

Also I am looking to see if anyone needs a room mate for the time we're all in London??


Thanks from a super excited Chloe xxxxx


Hi Chloe!!

Same here!!! :) Where abouts are you travelling from? I have just paid for my ticket today and I'm super excited!!! :)

Congratulations on getting a ticket!! :)

I haven't met AT either so really looking forward to it.

Hope to see you there, I'll be one of the few crazy Aussies waving Tim Tams around lol :)

Good luck finding a roomie :) Let me know if you have any trouble. Also I haven't been to an AT convention eiher but I have been to a few others, and anyone on here would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have :)

Cinds


Hey,

Thanks, I live in England, about 3 hours from London on the train. So I don't have far to go really.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone, especially all the people I talk to on twitter.

I haven't been to any conventions as of yet, so really looking forward to this, and makes it even more worth while because it is Amanda.

Chloe
xxxx
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Re: Been on the waiting list

Postby telkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:08 pm

chloe_t132 wrote:Hi, I'm Chloe.

I've been on the waiting list and now I finally have a ticket. I am so sooooo excited to meet Amanda, but I haven't been to anything like this before so I am beyond nervous right now.

Also I am looking to see if anyone needs a room mate for the time we're all in London??


Thanks from a super excited Chloe xxxxx


Hi Chloe! Welcome to the discussion!

Don't sweat the noob thing. And I mean at all. The last event was my first and Amanda is an expert at easing tensions! My first time meeting her face to face for the photo shoot was a little nervous. But the second she found out I was new she wrapped me in a huge hug. Awesome way to say hi!

I'm still unsure about a roomie. No one likes sharing with a smelly boy. And there's not many guys around these things.
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Been on the waiting list

Postby chloe_t132 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:11 pm

telkesh wrote:
chloe_t132 wrote:Hi, I'm Chloe.

I've been on the waiting list and now I finally have a ticket. I am so sooooo excited to meet Amanda, but I haven't been to anything like this before so I am beyond nervous right now.

Also I am looking to see if anyone needs a room mate for the time we're all in London??


Thanks from a super excited Chloe xxxxx


Hi Chloe! Welcome to the discussion!

Don't sweat the noob thing. And I mean at all. The last event was my first and Amanda is an expert at easing tensions! My first time meeting her face to face for the photo shoot was a little nervous. But the second she found out I was new she wrapped me in a huge hug. Awesome way to say hi!

I'm still unsure about a roomie. No one likes sharing with a smelly boy. And there's not many guys around these things.


Thanks,
That's just made me even more excited. If I can't find a room i may have to just pay for a room on my own, but I totally don't mind because its all about Amanda xxx
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Postby telkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:13 pm

For me it's not. Amanda was a great part of it. And really sweet. But it's the other fans that make it really worthwhile. Be social and chat a lot. There's a lot of crazy people there (the good crazy) its a lot of fun.
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

crazy people

Postby chloe_t132 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:16 pm

It's amazing how far people are travelling, and true about the crazy. I talk to loads of people on twitter and facebook, will be awesome to see some of them xxx
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Re: Been on the waiting list

Postby RDAJON » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:18 pm

chloe_t132 wrote:Hey,

Thanks, I live in England, about 3 hours from London on the train. So I don't have far to go really.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone, especially all the people I talk to on twitter.

I haven't been to any conventions as of yet, so really looking forward to this, and makes it even more worth while because it is Amanda.

Chloe
xxxx


That's cool so not too far then :) I'm sure it will be an absolute ball! :)

See you soon! :)


telkesh wrote:I'm still unsure about a roomie. No one likes sharing with a smelly boy. And there's not many guys around these things.


Good luck with that! :)

I'm undecided about it - I have a room all to myself, selfish I know, and I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to share it with anyone.
Just not sure yet... let me know if you guys get absolutely stuck and I will help you out. :)
User avatar
RDAJON
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: Australia

Postby telkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I had a room to myself last time. It was very lonely. Hinthint ;)
Then again I have heard some absolute horror stories about roommates.
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Postby chloe_t132 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:28 pm

*hint* haha so I was just thinking, do you fancy sharing a room, long as you don't mind sharing with a girl x
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Postby telkesh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:38 pm

If I minded sharing with a girl I would never share. I wasn't kidding when I said I felt like the only guy there. Last year I think there was less than 10. And I was the only guy in my group. Sadly I can't commit to a room until I sort out my deal with work. And that could be a few days.
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Postby chloe_t132 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Once you have sorted your work commitments out let me know xxx
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Postby RDAJON » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm

telkesh wrote:I had a room to myself last time. It was very lonely. Hinthint ;)
Then again I have heard some absolute horror stories about roommates.


lol, that amazes me with all the people attending the event you couldn't find someone to share your room with but it sounds like you have a roommate now anyway ;)

Like you say though, you just have to organise the time off work! :)
Good luck :)

I have a good horror story from my week in Iceland, so I am a bit wary of sharing lol, but like I said if you do get into strife and can't find anywhere then I am more than happy to help you out :)

Cinds
User avatar
RDAJON
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: Australia

Postby telkesh » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:34 am

I don't have too many friends going to the event. And they all grouped up early :)
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Postby RDAJON » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:04 am

telkesh wrote:I don't have too many friends going to the event. And they all grouped up early :)


Well you can hang out with me as I won't know anyone either!! :) except for a few people
User avatar
RDAJON
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: Australia

Postby telkesh » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am

I have a group I hung out with last time. We tend to pick up and lose members randomly. It's a lot of fun.
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Postby RDAJON » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Looking forward to it! :) It's only 3 weeks today till I leave and I'm starting to panic about not having stuff done and my gear packed lol :)

Cinds
User avatar
RDAJON
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:40 pm
Location: Australia

Postby llperkiss » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Welcome aboard to all the newbies.

AT6 is unlike any con you might have gone to before. The Gabit people go out of their way to make sure you have a great time. They are much better organized but still casual in their approach. The con in not only all about Amanda, but it is also about making sure you have a great time - and unless you are dead (and that might not be a good enough excuse) you will have a blast.

Oh and the people attending this are the friendliest con goers you are ever going to meet! So everyone - have some fun!
User avatar
llperkiss
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Washington state

Postby chloe_t132 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm starting to panic too about being unorganised. Need to start making some serious lists.
Does everyone dress up in costume for the abnormal ball, am really rubbish with ideas and on a limited time scale now?

xxxx
"Shall we begin"
chloe_t132
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Location: Upminster, London Borough of Havering.

Postby Mumsey » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 pm

chloe_t132 wrote:I'm starting to panic too about being unorganised. Need to start making some serious lists.
Does everyone dress up in costume for the abnormal ball, am really rubbish with ideas and on a limited time scale now?

xxxx


No you don't have to dress up in costume. You can come as you are and when you are asked what your abnormality is, you can say something that wouldn't show - like xray vision or ultra sensative hearing. Use your imagination. It's a disco so there will be dancing, and there are tables to sit at and natter (if you can hear over the music). Also there will be Blue Jello to try (if you haven't already).

Mumsey
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
User avatar
Mumsey
GABIT Director
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:34 am
Location: GABIT Chaos Central

Postby telkesh » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:55 am

chloe_t132 wrote:Does everyone dress up in costume for the abnormal ball, am really rubbish with ideas and on a limited time scale now?

xxxx


Don't sweat it. A fair few of us use the event as an excuse to travel around a lot, and dont have space for a costume. If you want to, that's cool. if not you won't be kicked out :)
telkesh
 
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 am

Postby moody-weasel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:25 am

Hey guys, I know this has been mentioned before but in case you missed it.
There will be a meeting for newbies from 1 to 2 pm on Friday. Just come by and say hi!

I'll try to make it but can't promise anything. At least two of the senior stewards will attend and if you have any questions I am sure they'll be glad to answer them. :)


Cheers,

Nicky.
User avatar
moody-weasel
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:48 am

PreviousNext

Return to AT6 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron