A tour in Bridge Studios?

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

A tour in Bridge Studios?

Postby ezilzha » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Hey,

Does anyone know if Bridge Studios give out tours this time of year?
Do you know who to contact to inquire about that?

If there are tours, does anyone plan on going?
ezilzha

Postby stunthun » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:26 am

last time i checked they do not :cry:
stunthun

Postby ezilzha » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:09 am

Do you know who to contact to make sure of that?
ezilzha

Postby Elainec » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:59 am

Several years ago some convention organisers were able to have trips around the studio which was part of the charity auction, but I believe the final year for that was either 2004 or 2005. That same company has not included them as part of their event since then, and to my knowledge, neither has anyone else.

If you really want to contact the studio and ask them directly, why don't you Google them?
You only live once, but if you do it right, you only need to live once.
Elainec

Postby ezilzha » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 pm

thank you.. I did, in fact, just now email the studios, but I asked here so to know if anyone knows a personal email perhaps.. which is way better than to email the "info" mail.

I guess I'll just have to wait & see if they'll reply at all... & then I'll see what that reply is.
ezilzha

Postby Becky_Preen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:43 pm

I can assure you that bridge has never offered tours other than as part of conventions and occasional auctions/ cometition winners of wal on parts. These were intially offered as a charity exercise until the offical convention organiser began including it in the gold packages of thier vancouver event. However, the standing atlantis sets were closed during their last april event and the tours for that year did not go ahead.

Unfortunately you therefore cannot visit the stargate sets at all. I doubt you would get a reply from any generic e-mail address you might find on the net.

Becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby starsong » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:04 pm

I agree there are no tours, too bad, but the skytrain has a stop near there and if you want to pay homage to the place you can get a picture from the outside and the distintive red girders and the stargate/atlantis seal may still be on the building. Does anyone know if it is still there?

Also Elements cafe is just across the street, not opened on weekends. They filmed some episodes there if you are interested. I think there is a motel/hotel there also that they filmed.
starsong
starsong

Postby ezilzha » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:27 pm

I indeed receive a reply saying there are no tours at the production's request.

However, thanks for the tip... I might take that ride & stop there anyways. Even if there's no SG sign... I still wanna see the place where it's filmed ?& I might go to the caffe (not on the weekend :-) )

thanks
ezilzha

Postby Trindajae » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:29 pm

For Gatecon back in 2008, my friends and I went to get our pictures taken in front of the main gate. The security guy was very friendly after he realized we only planned to stand there for a moment and then leave. :)
==================================
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
==================================
Trindajae

Postby Demonique » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:39 am

Becky_Preen wrote:I can assure you that bridge has never offered tours other than as part of conventions and occasional auctions/ cometition winners of wal on parts.

Becks

I think Bridge has down Halloween set tours in the past for charity. I'm not sure if they still do them.
Demonique

Return to Meet The Man - Chat