Anyone else coming to MTM on their own? seeking dining pal

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Anyone else coming to MTM on their own? seeking dining pal

Postby paisleypost » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:42 pm

HI--am so excited about the event I can hardly sleep---am coming all by my lonesome and am seeking to contact to others for sightseeing in the limited time we have free and someone to go dine with---not the fnciest places nor fast food---causal dining spots and someone to have a few drinks with at the hotel's bar

Please drop me a line

I am a non smoking 57 woman from Massachusetts
I am arriving Wed afternoon and staying till late Sunday

Eileen/pailseypost
paisleypost

Postby Twinklecat3 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 am

This is Twinklecat-so far, I am bringing my parents (when they get older, ya gotta spend what time you can with them) and possibly my BFF. We would be happy to spend time with you and meet new peeps! I live in Florida and the parental units live in New Mexico...
Twinklecat3

Postby EH-T » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:37 pm

There is also a MTM get together on the Thursday for people travelling on their own. That would be a good way to meet people.
EH-T

Postby Twinklecat3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 am

ooooooooo great, as the dates approach, more info is gooooood. :D
Twinklecat3

Re: Anyone else coming to MTM on their own? seeking dining p

Postby llperkiss » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:21 pm

paisleypost wrote:HI--am so excited about the event I can hardly sleep---am coming all by my lonesome and am seeking to contact to others for sightseeing in the limited time we have free and someone to go dine with---not the fnciest places nor fast food---causal dining spots and someone to have a few drinks with at the hotel's bar

Please drop me a line

I am a non smoking 57 woman from Massachusetts
I am arriving Wed afternoon and staying till late Sunday

Eileen/pailseypost

I agree with EH-T about meeting people. Plus, just put yourself out just a little and you will meet someone. Talk to the people around your seat. Let them know you came on your own. Worked for me. Also, being on line helps. Eventually, as the event gets closer, you will see more and more people get online. Once people get their seat assignment they may have a seating chart. Good way to meet your neighbor ahead of time. There is no tricks involved. You have to be willing to put yourself out there. I would also repeat this posting around the beginning of July when there are more people on line. Whatever you feel fits your comfort zone.
llperkiss

Postby Soapy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Eileen

I'm going to be on my own too. I'm going to do a bit of touring before I get to Vancouver and at the moment the plan is that I will be flying in from San Francisco on the Thursday. Hopefully I make the MTM get together for lone travelers.

I'm more than happy to meet folk for dinner and shopping too :lol:

I can't get a flight home to Glasgow (Not so far away from Paisley :D ) until the Wednesday after the con so I'll have a couple of days to hopefully do some sightseeing. So if anyone fancies a spot of whale watching on Monday...... or shopping in that lovely big mall just a train ride away???

Oh, by the way I also go by the name Lorna
Soapy

Postby llperkiss » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Soapy wrote:Hi Eileen

I'm going to be on my own too. I'm going to do a bit of touring before I get to Vancouver and at the moment the plan is that I will be flying in from San Francisco on the Thursday. Hopefully I make the MTM get together for lone travelers.

I'm more than happy to meet folk for dinner and shopping too :lol:

I can't get a flight home to Glasgow (Not so far away from Paisley :D ) until the Wednesday after the con so I'll have a couple of days to hopefully do some sightseeing. So if anyone fancies a spot of whale watching on Monday...... or shopping in that lovely big mall just a train ride away???

Oh, by the way I also go by the name Lorna

Mall, shopping....now that sounds fun. As for whale watching, I did that once a few years ago. One whale came over to our boat to watch us. It was a blast. Around here (PNW) we get a lot of whales this time of year. Not sure how many are around here or Vancouver in July/Aug. They're usually visiting their Alaskan relatives. But never know. They might like a PNW vacation as well. (PNW = Pacific North West)
llperkiss

Postby No1_sonuk » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm

We went in july/aug (i think) a few years ago.
We saw a couple of pods of whales in the Georgia Straight, down near the US border.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby llperkiss » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:08 pm

No1_sonuk wrote:We went in july/aug (i think) a few years ago.
We saw a couple of pods of whales in the Georgia Straight, down near the US border.

Cool, didn't know! I know, no excuse for ignorance. :( But then I've only lived in the PNW for about 3 years. That should count for some of it. :D
llperkiss

Postby ezilzha » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Hwy, Ezilzha here... I'll be traveling alone as well.
However, I'd be arriving a week before (just in time for the Sanctuary Con which I will not attend).. so if there's anyone arriving even earlier than Wed. love to get to know ya & tour around with ya.
(traveling from Israel)
ezilzha

Postby Soapy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Well, I've booked my accommodation now. :D

I've changed my plans so I come into Vancouver on Wednesday. That means I can go to the get together on Thursday and meet up with some fellow lone travelers.

I've decided to stay around the corner from the Wall, in a suite with a full kitchen. It worked out cheaper than the Wall and I reckon that it should be safe enough at night as the only thing I can see on the map between the two places is a hospital.
http://www.sandmanhotels.com/en/hotels/ ... tended.php

Somehow, MTM seems so much closer now. :D
Soapy

Postby Demonique » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm

I'll be travelling on my own from Ireland
Demonique

Postby amcatino » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:05 am

I'm traveling alone, too. I'm also from Massachusetts. I'm really looking forward to this! I've been waiting a long time! I agree on the dining choices, not fancy and not fast food! Anne
amcatino

Postby Twinklecat3 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:33 am

Looking forward to meeting people from all over-parents and I are social and have place about 5 blocks from venue...see y'all there!!!
Twinklecat3

Return to Meet The Man - Chat