Basic Time Schedule for MTM convention and 2 questions

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Basic Time Schedule for MTM convention and 2 questions

Postby paisleypost » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:58 pm

--this being the first convention I am attending, I would like to know what a typical day's schedule is so I can make plans with friends and family and book a harbor cruise.

Also what do attendees typically wear?

And finally does the item we wish Rick to sign have to be Stargate/macGyver related?? I have a picture of my childhood hero Mighty Mouse I would like him to sign (my adult hero)

Paisley/Eileen in Masachusetts
paisleypost

Postby llperkiss » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 am

Well I can't answer the other questions but I can answer the clothing part. Anything you want (allowing you follow the decency laws). Most females wear jeans or pants and a top (blouse, t-shirt, etc.). Casual is the dress of the day.
However, if you go to the party, you dress up some. Pants should not be jeans, skirts or dresses are a popular item as well.

Personally, to the party, I'm wearing a silky pair of slacks and a nice top. Probably a pair of boots. Makeup, etc.
To the rest - pants and a top of some type, casual but nice. Maybe a t-shirt and tennis shoes.

As for the signing and the schedule - the Gabit people will have to respond. Give them a chance, they will.
llperkiss

Re: Basic Time Schedule for MTM convention and 2 questions

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:45 pm

paisleypost wrote:--this being the first convention I am attending, I would like to know what a typical day's schedule is so I can make plans with friends and family and book a harbor cruise.

Also what do attendees typically wear?

And finally does the item we wish Rick to sign have to be Stargate/macGyver related?? I have a picture of my childhood hero Mighty Mouse I would like him to sign (my adult hero)

Paisley/Eileen in Masachusetts

The schedule is currently "under construction" so I can't tell you more.

Booking a cruise to take place during the Event might however prove problematic for you. Schedules are never rock hard solid (no matter how hard I try - though I did get it on the nail for AT4! :) )and do fluctuate according to what happens so if you think you're going to be free you may end up missing something because you've booked and paid for a cruise and find the schedule has changed. My advice is do any sightseeing on the Thursday morning (before Reg opens early in the afternoon) or on the Monday after the event.

Re the signing of items. It doesn't have to be McGyver or Stargate related but there are copyright issues with items so it might be worth emailing us on asktheG4@gabitevents.co.uk where Becky and I answer queries and Becky who is Operations Director can answer that particular one.

Julia
G4
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Return to Meet The Man - Chat