Passports

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Passports

Postby Mumsey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:08 am

Went and got my new passport photo today. It turned out (as is usual with passport photos) hysterical. It will scare the living daylights out of any self respecting immigration officer! What's annoying is that my passport is valid until January 2011, but because Canada insists on at least 6 months being left on it, mine won't have quite enough (date to date) - so I have to renew it now.

The point of telling you this - do check your passports NOW so that you won't be caught off guard nearer the time. You must have at least six months left on your passport when you travel to Canada or they won't let you in.

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Alexa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Wouldn't hurt to look into flights now as well. I've talked to my travel agent and she had a little bit of a challenge finding me a seat on flights that worked for me. It's summer and it's high season so... wouldn't hurt if you looked into it and maybe made a reservation.

It was actually a little easier to get a seat on the flight in August than July, but still, it's not something to sleep on. Even in august most flights are pretty full.

This being valid for flights from Europe. And even so I have to deal with a 5 hour layover.... But it's actually an improvement. Last time the only available flights to and from Vancouver that I could get was one with an 8 hour layover.... I'm still trying to block that memory...

It's still early to actually buy the ticket, but if you can get a reservation, you might want to try it.

I don't know how other airlines work, but the ones I use offered me a reservation that's valid until May....
Alexa

Postby mocha » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:16 pm

right, the agent i went to for at4 said vancouver is a hot spot for those leaving on cruises and advised me to book as soon as possible. i did. one less thing to have to think about now.
mocha

Postby llperkiss » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Alexa wrote:Wouldn't hurt to look into flights now as well. I've talked to my travel agent and she had a little bit of a challenge finding me a seat on flights that worked for me. It's summer and it's high season so... wouldn't hurt if you looked into it and maybe made a reservation.

One thing cool about being in Vancouver, I can drive to this one. Living in Washington makes is easier. With the border about a 3 to 3 1/2 hour trip which is easy. (without the border closer to 2 1/2 hours - oh well!) :lol:
llperkiss

Postby Alexa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 pm

That's so cool of you, I'm actually jealous... I'm looking at a 24h flight...

Living that close must be so much fun!!! And imagine all the stuff you can do.... And all the cons going on up there.
Alexa

Postby llperkiss » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Alexa wrote:That's so cool of you, I'm actually jealous... I'm looking at a 24h flight...

Living that close must be so much fun!!! And imagine all the stuff you can do.... And all the cons going on up there.

Well, you can only attend so many before you go wonkers. I like the Gabit ones because they are small and friendly. I've also attended the Stargate ones a few times and got a chance to meet everyone but Teal (Christopher Judge) - I've been told he has been banned for roudy behavior. Don't know if that is true or not. I won't be going to them anymore unless AT is a guest. They get very expensive and time consuming.

I did attend the Comic Con in San Diego twice. That was a lot of fun and I have a cousin that lives there - makes it cheaper. However, I do like to go up to Vancouver about twice a year. And my cousin and her husband live in Victoria. I try to get there for a week each summer as well. I take the Ferry Boat and it's a lot of fun.
llperkiss

Postby Alexa » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Yeah I can understand that. I didn't attend a con until Avalon and ever since I've been to like... 3 or 4 total... All Gabit and the Gatecon/Legends one. I don't think I could do anything bigger. It's just not for me. It feels like so much to take in, the crowd alone would be too much to deal with. Hats off to the actors for being able to manage it.
Alexa

Postby cathyfreelance » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:58 am

I too have pretty much met all the cast of Stargate except for Richard, I was at Gatecon but since I wasn't a VIP I didn't get to meet him.

I have been to several Creation events and Christopher was a little bit rowdy at times. So was Michael but not as much. Christopher has started food fights.
cathyfreelance

Return to Meet The Man - Chat