question on seat allocation

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

question on seat allocation

Postby paisleypost » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm

how are seats assigned? are blocks of seats together reserved--would a single person (ie me going alone) be placed in an empty single seat regardless of when my ticket was purchased?
paisleypost

Seat Allocation

Postby Tammy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 pm

Good question:)

How does one subscribe to a thread without posting in it? Any idea?
- Tammy
Tammy

Re: question on seat allocation

Postby Elainec » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:00 pm

paisleypost wrote:how are seats assigned? are blocks of seats together reserved--would a single person (ie me going alone) be placed in an empty single seat regardless of when my ticket was purchased?

Assuming that things are done as other events, your seat number is the same as your ticket number. The first couple of rows have usually been for the stewards helping out at the convention and then other tickets start directly behind those people.

For example if your ticket number was C18, that would also be your seat number for the weekend. It means that you can come and go from the talks without fear of someone else taking your seat.

This also reduces the need for queuing to get into the main hall, as some organisers tend to allocate your seat based on first come first served (after seating for stewards).

Your ticket number is also then generally how you are called for your photo and auto, ie one row at a time.

I am assuming that certain things will work in a similar fashion to previous events, but I'm sure that someone from Gabit will either confirm these details or advise how they might differ.

Some friends will be sat together because they will have booked as a group. Don't worry if you are attending by yourself as you will find many of the other attendees will stop for a chat and you will soon get to know the people sitting around you.
You only live once, but if you do it right, you only need to live once.
Elainec

Re: Seat Allocation

Postby No1_sonuk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Tammy wrote:Good question:)

How does one subscribe to a thread without posting in it? Any idea?

In the bottom-left of the topic, under where it says "page x of x", there's a link which says "Watch this topic for replies". Click on that.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Tammy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Thank you:)
- Tammy
Tammy

Postby Becky_Preen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:37 pm

You will be sent your seating allocations a few weeks before the event as part of your e-tickets.

I haven't done the seating plan yet so your reg references are still your MTM numbers :o)

If you booked as a group you will be sat together, even if you ended up paying seperately.

In the next month r so I will start on the charms project at whic time I wil invite cocktail party ticket holders to request seating together for the party. Tables are of 9 Attendees, so if a group of you all want to sit together please let me know. Priority will be given to full tables of nine but smaller groups re also fine. No gaurantees wih this folks but I do me best!

Becks
G4 ( which is not the same as the M4.... thats either a motorway or 4 of our wonderful -MAD- stewards :) !
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Elainec » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am

Becky_Preen wrote:Becks
G4 ( which is not the same as the M4.... thats either a motorway or 4 of our wonderful -MAD- stewards :) !

Becks

Thanks for the reference, I'm not sure if the motorway or MAD stewards is the better of the two choices... :?
You only live once, but if you do it right, you only need to live once.
Elainec

Return to Meet The Man - Chat