Convention basics

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Convention basics

Postby paisleypost » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:39 am

Never have attended a convention type event before, I have a zillion questions--can anyone help??

1/can we take photos as we choose during the panel sessions??
2/ are questions pre-screened?
3/what type of entertainment is provided the nights there?
4/what type of items can they autograph?

Thanks--Paisley
paisleypost

Postby Keely » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm

From experience - so somebody jump in and correct any glaring lies I tell please :D

You can take pictures at will - but only use flash during the first 5 minutes.

Absolutely NO video. Or you will be hunted down and shot. Or, ya know, something a bit less severe...

Evenings are your own (cocktail parties and Disco's aside:)

You can get all sorts of things autographed so long as they aren't copyright infringing. Therefore only authorised/ official pics, or photograph's you have taken yourself, DVDs, Books, Bears, Nubbins, Batons...
Keely

Postby Becky_Preen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Keely has answered some of your queries but let me clarify.
You are allowed to take Stills photographs in the main hall. These are for your own personal use and may not be used for commercial gain. Ie you can't sell them or put them on anything and sell that.

Photos with flash are only allowed for the first five minutes of every talk. a: it's hard being on stage with all those flashes going off.
b: most of the time the flash on you camera won't do much for the picture anyway.
c: occasionally we have people with epilepsy who have to wait until that is over to come in to the hall.

Video and Audio recording is not permitted by attendees in any room at any time.

Cameras are allowed at the cocktail party but we do ask you to put them away when The guest is at your table so the time they have with you is about talking to you not posing for pictures. AT the end of the cocktail party table talk time, we set up a table group shot of you all with the guest and everyone on the table gets a copy.

If you are taking pictures while the guest is at another table. NO flashes allowed at all, and please don't be intrusive. If you are asked to stop taking pictures, please do so.

Autographs Keely covered nicely. however I do need to add that Richard does not like signing fabrics, so no T-Shirts, or other clothing. A full list of dos and don't for that will be available nearer the time and you can check a specific item with us beforehand if you wish.

MTM is one item per person. There are no extra autograph opportunities available for purchase. Please do not ask us, pester us or otherwise nag. We have a certain amount of time and we know what we can fit in.

The details of the evening entertainment is being finalised, but basically the event activities will finish early evening (6 ish) then there will be a break for dinner and something "social" for attendees in the evening. Watch this space :)

Best Wishes
Becks
G4
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Info

Postby Tammy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:34 pm

I really love the idea of a photo with the guest and your table at the cocktail party. That's something new to me and I'm looking forward to it.
- Tammy
Tammy

Postby llperkiss » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Becky_Preen wrote:Autographs Keely covered nicely. however I do need to add that Richard does not like signing fabrics, so no T-Shirts, or other clothing. A full list of dos and don't for that will be available nearer the time and you can check a specific item with us beforehand if you wish.
Best Wishes
Becks G4

When you talk about fabrics, does that include hats such as the SG1 type hats?
llperkiss

Postby Becky_Preen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:41 pm

I am afraid so.

Becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby EH-T » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Gee, you'd think he wouldn't mind signing velour! :lol: (think ep where Apophis is dying ;) )
EH-T

Postby Becky_Preen » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:34 pm

velour is one of the worst it makes the ink run/ feather.

becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Becky_Preen wrote:velour is one of the worst it makes the ink run/ feather.

becks

Aw Becky, you spoil all our fun..... :lol:
llperkiss

Return to Meet The Man - Chat