Date Announcement for two new events.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Postby liesl_99801 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:37 pm

On the main site if you click on the Registration page that is listed in purple under the picture of RDA on the listing page of all three events.
You are then taken to a page with a link that says click here to register and it will take you through the process.
liesl_99801
GABIT Staff

Postby bubbles » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Bethany if you've had problems you need to email the G4 at eventquestions@gabitevents.co.uk as they will be too busy to read your query here on the forums

Tracy
Tracy North
bubbles
GABIT Staff

Postby Becky_Preen » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Meet the Man:
https://registration.gabitevents.com/cg ... msales.cgi

Sanctuary Event:
https://registration.gabitevents.com/cg ... ysales.cgi
are the direct links to the systems

becks

PLEASE use the eventquestions@gabitevents.co.uk e-mail addy for queries.
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

I have Registered!

Postby JackDaniel'sG8Traveller » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Well, I've Registered now...

Waiting again!

Bxx
JackDaniel'sG8Traveller

Postby llperkiss » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Why do I have the feeling that both events have sold out. Now all I need to do is knock over a little old lady or man and grab their money so I can pay for all of this. JUST KIDDING FOLKS! I am smart enough to be afraid of little old ladies and their handbags. ;)

Now the hard part. I have to wait to see if I was successful. I have no patience for this. I can wait until next year to go, but I want to know if I am going. :( <--- that is me waiting (impatiently). Maybe I should go back to writing my book. It will take my mind off of waiting and waiting and ........
llperkiss

Problems

Postby Kalexa » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:08 pm

I was on Gabit from 4.05 refreshing the page every minute and searched the site for another way in to the MTM registration. Eventually at 4.45 it finally appeared and I was able to register but too late. :(
E-mailed Gabit but they said there was nothing they could do as no-one else had reported a problem. :( :(
Kalexa

Postby starsong » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:10 pm

I got registered Okay at the Sanctuary site got in within a minute or so. But the MTM site I couldn't get the site to refresh. Had to go back to Becks original post and then I got in. Nobodies fault the same thing happened to me at Gatecon. I guess I am just destined not to meet the man :)

I want to be very, very clear the gabit folks had absolutely nothing to do with the glitch. I was working on an unfamilir computer and basically made a mistake, my mistake and no one elses.

The Gabit crew are the best and they do work very hard to insure everything runs smoothly and fairly. They can't control what we do on our computers.

I would make a suggestion and I will probably post this again. For all of us who don't make it to MTM why not make a contribution to the Sea Shepard as a show of support for Richard. To me it is a way of participating. Maybe we could compile a list of contributors, not amounts everyone gives as they can, so it could be presented to Richard. How does that sound? I would make the same suggestion for the Sanctuary site for the Sanctuary for Kids.

We can't be there but we can be heard 8)

So what do you think???
starsong
starsong

Postby suse_germany » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:59 pm

starsong wrote:I would make a suggestion and I will probably post this again. For all of us who don't make it to MTM why not make a contribution to the Sea Shepard as a show of support for Richard. To me it is a way of participating. Maybe we could compile a list of contributors, not amounts everyone gives as they can, so it could be presented to Richard. How does that sound? I would make the same suggestion for the Sanctuary site for the Sanctuary for Kids.

So what do you think???

Great idea... and I'm all in if I didn't manage to get a ticket. Probably even if I get one ;)

Sorry that you had problems with registering.
~ ♥ ~ Suse ~ ♥ ~

suse_germany

Postby Kalexa » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

My own fault. I'll be more awake next time. ;)
Best of luck.
Kalexa

Postby Alexa » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:20 am

starsong wrote:I would make a suggestion and I will probably post this again. For all of us who don't make it to MTM why not make a contribution to the Sea Shepard as a show of support for Richard. To me it is a way of participating. Maybe we could compile a list of contributors, not amounts everyone gives as they can, so it could be presented to Richard. How does that sound? I would make the same suggestion for the Sanctuary site for the Sanctuary for Kids.

So what do you think???

I actually thought about that a lot.... given how much we spend to attend the event.... In a perfect world we could all manage to contribute in the auction the same amount we spent on getting there.

But the important thing is always what we do when we leave. Are we still a once a year SSCS contributor, or do we take some notice of RDA's commitment to them and become members and commit long term as best we can?
Alexa

Postby llperkiss » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:03 am

Having worked with computers for decades and being considered (not by me) an expert - the following situation came true.

When too many people trying to get into a site that wasn't built for that type of abuse -OUCH!

Think of it as hundreds of people trying to get into a building using one average door. SQUISH and OUCH AGAIN!

To build a unit to handle this is not worth the heavy cost for a few times a year. So, we just have to deal with it and quish ourselves through the door the best way we can.
llperkiss

Postby moody-weasel » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:13 am

Alexa wrote:

So what do you think???

I actually thought about that a lot.... given how much we spend to attend the event.... In a perfect world we could all manage to contribute in the auction the same amount we spent on getting there.

But the important thing is always what we do when we leave. Are we still a once a year SSCS contributor, or do we take some notice of RDA's commitment to them and become members and commit long term as best we can?

In a perfect world whales would not be slaughtered, sharks wouldn't be caught for their fins and the rest tossed overboard to die a horrible death.
In a perfect world we would care a lot more than we do.

If you cannot donate money maybe you can donate some of your time and become an onshore volunteer?!
Educate people on what goes on in the Southern Ocean while they are celebrating Christmas or Hanukkah and New Years.

Spread the word!
moody-weasel

Postby dkscully » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:26 pm

llperkiss wrote:When too many people trying to get into a site that wasn't built for that type of abuse -OUCH!

Think of it as hundreds of people trying to get into a building using one average door. SQUISH and OUCH AGAIN!

To build a unit to handle this is not worth the heavy cost for a few times a year. So, we just have to deal with it and quish ourselves through the door the best way we can.

That's a great description of one of the problems.

Though, actually, I put in quite a bit of time and effort to ensure that the code that runs the reg system really can cope with the volume of traffic we receive in the first few minutes of registration.

However, even the best laid plans can fall foul of unforeseen circumstances. And, annoyingly, the Internet is full of those. :evil:
Lesley Mitchell
Computer Geek and Sabreuse
dkscully

Postby Becky_Preen » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:19 pm

And a fantastic job you did too, Lesley.

:notworthy:

becks g4
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:12 pm

dkscully wrote:
llperkiss wrote:When too many people trying to get into a site that wasn't built for that type of abuse -OUCH!

That's a great description of one of the problems.

Though, actually, I put in quite a bit of time and effort to ensure that the code that runs the reg system really can cope with the volume of traffic we receive in the first few minutes of registration.

However, even the best laid plans can fall foul of unforeseen circumstances. And, annoyingly, the Internet is full of those. :evil:

That's the problem with the best laid plans..... Somewhere down the line you have to deal with a simpleton (anyone who doesn't know anything but the basics about computers and networks). Personally, from an outside view, I thought it went very well. Yes, it slowed down, but the minimum of errors that occurred are totally smashed by all that got in. And, glad you appreciated my explanation. Not to technical, I hope. :lol:
llperkiss

Postby Mumsey » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Registration Department News Update

We are about to start sending out the allocations, but it's late here in gabit chaos central and none of us can see straight anymore so you will start recieiving allocations in the monring. We are starting with Meet the Man and the whole process is likely to take a couple of days. Once everything is complete we will post that all the allocations have been done.

If you have applied for both events the allocations will come seperately and may be some time apart, so hang in there until we post that everything has gone out.

Best Wishes
Becks & Mumsey
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Demonique » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 am

I was wondering, how are the tickets allocated?

Is it first come, first served or is there a lottery?
Demonique

Postby SamJackShipLover » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:55 am

Demonique wrote:I was wondering, how are the tickets allocated?

Is it first come, first served or is there a lottery?

From the FAQ http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/faqSE.html

How do you allocate the Tickets?
All tickets, including charmed passes for MTM are allocated for each event on a first come first served basis.
SamJackShipLover

Postby Becky_Preen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:42 pm

The ticket allocations are being sent out. however after a ful days work Kay is barely halfway through MTM so it is take ing some time.

Please be patient. When all the allocations for BOTH events have been sent out we will post until then I am afraid we will not answer "when will I know if I have a ticket" questions.

EVERYONE who applied for tickets will get an e-mail from us with either an allocation or a confirmation that they are on the waiting list. But this whole process may take a fews days to complete so please hang in there.

Best Wishes
Becks & Mumsey
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm

I was wondering....are you going to acknowledge my acceptance of your acknowledgement...then of oourse I will have to acknowledge that....then you will have to acknowledge my acknowledgement of your acknowledgement of my acceptance of your acknowledgement and on and on.......
Gee and all I really wanted to know is did you receive my acceptance. But then you would have to acknowdledge that and then I would have to acknowlegde you acknowledgement.....haven't we done this already.

Do you think I feel insecure right now? :?
llperkiss

Postby clairec007 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:41 pm

IIperkiss, know what you mean. I used to be insecure, but now I'm not sure.
Life without SG-1...boring!
clairec007

Postby Mumsey » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm

llperkiss wrote:I was wondering....are you going to acknowledge my acceptance of your acknowledgement...then of oourse I will have to acknowledge that....then you will have to acknowledge my acknowledgement of your acknowledgement of my acceptance of your acknowledgement and on and on.......
Gee and all I really wanted to know is did you receive my acceptance. But then you would have to acknowdledge that and then I would have to acknowlegde you acknowledgement.....haven't we done this already.

:thud:
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby No1_sonuk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:04 pm

Now look what you've done. You've broken Mumsey!! :shock:
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Becky_Preen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:07 pm

No1_sonuk wrote:Now look what you've done. You've broken Mumsey!! :shock:

<URGO Voice>

Try... the paddles....
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Mumsey wrote:
llperkiss wrote:I was wondering....are you going to acknowledge my acceptance of your acknowledgement...then of oourse I will have to acknowledge that....then you will have to acknowledge my acknowledgement of your acknowledgement of my acceptance of your acknowledgement and on and on.......

:thud:

No1_sonuk wrote: Now look what you've done. You've broken Mumsey!! :shock:

So sorry....didn't mean for you to break.....I will try a different mode.

HOW'S THIS:

I have won the first two legs of the TRIPLE CROWN - AT4 - MTM - and now hopefully SE. And, I will wait quietly in my corner until next week.
I am counting my pennies to afford all of this.....one, two, three, four, four and a half, wait a second half a penny??? :roll:
Starting over ......
llperkiss

PreviousNext

Return to Meet The Man - Announcements