Date Announcement for two new events.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Date Announcement for two new events.

Postby Becky_Preen » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:33 pm

GABIT Events are thrilled to be able to announce that we have teamed up with our good friends LEGENDS Memorabilia and been working feverishly to bring you a pair of very special events in Vancouver in 2010.

From 30th July – 1st August 2010 we are pleased to be able to bring you the first Official Sanctuary Event –“The Sanctuary Experience”. This Event will involve the main cast, directors, writers and as many of the other talented people at Sanctuary productions who are able to drop in over the course of the weekend. The Charity to benefit from this event will be Amanda’s new Charity Initiative “Sanctuary for Kids” We will bring you further details about this event shortly.

From 5th – 8th August 2010, we are thrilled to bring you “Meet the Man (MTM)”. This will be Richard Dean Andersons’ first one man event. The event will kick off on Thursday 5th August with an exclusive cocktail party for 80 lucky Charmed Pass holders. These optional extra ticket upgrades are highly sought after and allow for entry to the cocktail party dinner which Richard will attend and circulate the tables. For all attendees there will then follow three full days of activities. The ticket price will include all the main hall activities as well as one in person autograph from Richard and a professionally taken photograph opportunity for every attendee. The format for the Event will be similar to Amanda’s GABIT AT Events, with the number of attendees limited to around 350 only.

More details regarding the process for registering your interest in tickets for either of these Events and ticket prices will be available shortly.

Please watch the GABIT forum and website (www.gabitevents.co.uk), Legend’s website, www.legends-memorabilia.com.
Gateworld’s forums, Amanda’s official website (www.amandatapping.com) and Richard’s official website (www.rdanderson.com) where any further announcements will be made.

Best wishes
The G4 and the Legends Team
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Keely » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:37 pm

*waits for the interwebs to explode*
Keely

Postby babancat » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:21 am

I don't know about the interwebs.... but I'm about to explode with excitement!

SQUEEEEE!

I don't know how I'm going to sleep now!
babancat

Postby llperkiss » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:11 am

Oh there is going to be such a run on tickets. Please make sure you sell the Sanctuary and the RDA tickets at different times. Or a madhouse will ensue.
llperkiss

Postby Keely » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:13 am

I would've thought it would be more convenient/ efficient to do them all at once,

I'm a bit scared to go on livejournal in case there's mayhem hahahaha
Keely

Postby JackSam4ever » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:38 am

OMG! What an event MTM will be. Can't wait for more information.

G4 you guys are the best.
JackSam4ever

Postby llperkiss » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Keely wrote:I would've thought it would be more convenient/ efficient to do them all at once,

I'm a bit scared to go on livejournal in case there's mayhem hahahaha

Just think what the one AT-4 convention did in just a few mins. Now double that with two at one time. Some people will only be able to go to one or the other convention and others to both. The internet could crash. No, speaking strickly as someone who was a Network Admin, CNE, Network Eng. and Internet Eng. it would be a bad idea to try and do both at one time. They would be a lot better off doing them one or more weeks apart. I hope they do it that way or it will be more confusion then you can imagine.
llperkiss

Postby starsong » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:43 am

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The GABIT crew are the best and they will have it all figured out so it will run smoothly and fairly.

But for now let's all just enjoy the moment shall we. :D
starsong
starsong

Postby Becky_Preen » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:52 am

Registration Opening for the two events will be staggered. ie not at exactly the same time. Information will be released well in advance to explain all the where the links will be and when information.

Best Wishes
Becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:24 am

Becky_Preen wrote:Registration Opening for the two events will be staggered. ie not at exactly the same time. Information will be released well in advance to explain all the where the links will be and when information.

Best Wishes
Becks

Thank goodness for that. I am sure the response will be huge as separate entities. To put them at the same time - beyond belief. Thanks for that info. Now....the wait. :roll:
llperkiss

Postby rockluvva » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:07 am

WOW!!!! For Uk-ians, its around $645ish (£400ish) for a MTM ticket with Cocktail party add-on!!!!!! Plus nearly £1,000 for the flight to Vancouver! Then accomodation! Then spending money......This is gonna be one helluva expensive Con but I DON'T CARE!!!! 8)

I will be glued to my PC on Friday!

WOOHOOO!!!!!! Everything crossed!!!

Had better start saving yesterday!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D
rockluvva

Postby Keely » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:50 am

I have a question -

The FAQ says that the RDA con is limited to 350 - does the Sanctuary con not have a limit too?

(sorry, think I am in the wrong thread...............)
Keely

Postby Becky_Preen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:57 am

The MTM limit is fixed at 350

The way the Sanctuary experience is designed, there is a limit on attendance but its more than MTM.

Becks
G4
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Keely » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 pm

I figured - thank you

just being nosey :D
Keely

Postby No1_sonuk » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 pm

rockluvva wrote:WOW!!!! For Uk-ians, its around $645ish (£400ish)

The info says those prices are in CANADIAN dollars, NOT US dollars, so it's not as much.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby rockluvva » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:45 pm

O yeah, - forgot it was CAN$! Too much information too early in the morning for me!!!!! :oops:

That brings it down a bit! :D

Will still give it my best shot! :lol:
rockluvva

Postby Becky_Preen » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:45 am

The opening times for reg are all in the 24 hour clock to avoid any confusion, and are as listed on the FAQ as follows:

SE- 15.00 UK = 07.00 PDT =10.00 EDT

MTM – 16.15 UK = 08.15 PDT = 11.15 EDT

The links will appear on the the main registration page so that is the page you need to refresh.

http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/registration.htm

at 1500 UK time the page will change and SE link will appear, and at 16:15 UK time the page will change again and the MTM link will be revealed.

Clink on the link on the reg page which will take you to the pre-reg system for your event.
The first question is how many tickets do you want to request? you can ask for up to 4. you then hit a submit button,
At that point your place in the reg queue ( line) is held and your application has been assigned a time stamp and a reference number which stays with it throughout the process while you enter each persons details in a cool calm and controlled manner :o)

At the beginning of each persons details there is an option to also request a cocktail party ticket. This is default set to yes, so if you miss it you will be offered one if it's available which you can always turn down.
You will be prompted to enter details of the first person (the main booker/ group leader) you have requested a ticket for, and then it will move onto the next person. and so on. there are then a couple of general questions and the final submission button. You will get a final confirmation of request screen which we advise you save and print. If at the end of that you notice you make a spelling mistake or something minor like that, don't go back and try and change it just keep going to the end and then e-mail eventquestions@gabitevents.co.uk stating your reference number and let us know what is wrong. For filing purposes it would be incredibly helpful if you please keep correspondence for SE and MTM separate, ie send us two separate e-mails one with the SE number in the subject line and one with MTM number in the subject line. Please don't forget to include your full REAL name as well.

If you have any problems e-mail eventquestions@gabitevents.co.uk and we will try and help you. During this busy time, please do not be offended if my replies are one word, like thanks, or just the link you need. This is so you know we have got the message and you get a fast response to your urgent question. We will not be able to monitor forums during the reg rush so you must use this e-mail address to get help.

Good Luck everyone!

Becks
G4
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Keely » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am

question - are you SERIOUSLY expecting cool, calm and controlled?

I'm not sure I can comply dude...
Keely

Postby Jenn_S » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 am

Keely wrote:question - are you SERIOUSLY expecting cool, calm and controlled?

Go get a couple of cigerettes and a toffee crisp and put them beside the PC NOW dude before the time comes. That way you shall be fine!

*hugs you anyways* but you aint getting my toffee crisp! Sorry I has a limit!

J.x.

There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile can speak them all!!
Jenn_S
GABIT Staff

Postby Keely » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:01 am

I've already been outside and had two - it's only 10 obloody-clock

but ooh, the toffee crisp idea has appeal...
Keely

Postby liesl_99801 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Jenn_S wrote:
Keely wrote:question - are you SERIOUSLY expecting cool, calm and controlled?

Go get a couple of cigerettes and a toffee crisp and put them beside the PC NOW dude before the time comes. That way you shall be fine!

*hugs you anyways* but you aint getting my toffee crisp! Sorry I has a limit!

J.x.

Jenn how can you seriously tell someone to smoke Shame on you!!!!!! Now a Jello shot or two.....LOLOLOL :badgrin:
liesl_99801
GABIT Staff

Postby Keely » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:22 pm

I don't really need encouragement - I'm trying to stunt my growth see......................

but I won't turn down the shots - I have to do this again in an hour :shock:

Kinda hard to type with the shakes...
Keely

Postby Keely » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:22 pm

All done, if anyone wants me I'll be in the bar downstairs :D
Keely

Postby starsong » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:29 pm

Well, I got registered but I have to tell you glitches delayed me so I haven't much hope of getting a ticket. To those who did congratulations and I expect lots of activity on the forums and pictures telling us what it was like.
starsong
starsong

I can't reg or find the pre-reg for MTM, like everyone else

Postby JackDaniel'sG8Traveller » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:35 pm

starsong wrote:Well, I got registered but I have to tell you glitches delayed me so I haven't much hope of getting a ticket. To those who did congratulations and I expect lots of activity on the forums and pictures telling us what it was like.

I have been on Gabit since before 4.15pm... I have refreshed the pages, looked all over the site, and yet, there is no pre reg button I can find! What happened? Are you all reg'd already, or where you talking about Amanda's Sanctuary Event?

Help!!

Bethany xx
JackDaniel'sG8Traveller

Next

Return to Meet The Man - Announcements