What happens about the email we get to tell us to pay

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

What happens about the email we get to tell us to pay

Postby JackDaniel'sG8Traveller » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:11 pm

What happens about the email we get to tell us to pay?

I have some tough decisions to make, due to unforseen circumstances, and I'd like to know what to expect, seeing as we have to pay by 30th Sept 09...

Thank you xxx

Bethany xx
JackDaniel'sG8Traveller

Postby Becky_Preen » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:53 pm

The e-mail which will tell you how to pay for your tickets will be sent out in the next week or so. once they have all gone out we will post here.

You have until the 30th September to secure your tickets you have been allocated by making payment according to the instructions you are sent. If you have an issue, especially with credit card companies mucking you about, please contact us and we can try and help you.

If we do not hear from you and we don't get a payment we will have to assume you no longer want the tickets and will then re-allocate them.

However if you have already decided that you cannot attend, please do just let us know so we can send out an allocation to someone else. we do have a long waiting list for meet the man.

Best Wishes
becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

I have not made up my mind - waiting on a Dr's Appointment..

Postby JackDaniel'sG8Traveller » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:53 pm

I'm waiting on a Doctor's appointment to help me know what kind of operation(s) I might need/recovery time estimated...

I've NOT mind up my mind NOT to go.

Thank you xxx

Bethany
JackDaniel'sG8Traveller

Postby Alexa » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about payment deadline.

So far we're still looking at the end of Sept for payment deadline.

Will that remain valid regardless of when the payment e-mails go out in Sept? I'm just asking cause when we were told we had until the end of Sept to pay, the payment e-mails were scheduled to go out in early Sept, and that gave everyone around.... lets say 3 weeks more or less to make the payment and deal with any banking systems hick-ups (God forbid).

Anyway, now that we've past the mid Sept mark, and we're looking at less than 2 weeks left for all the payment e-mails to go out and for everyone to make the payment and fix any problems that might appear, are we by any chance looking at a pushed back payment deadline?

Thanks.
Alexa

Postby Becky_Preen » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:57 pm

We are in the final stages of testing the system for payments. we have hundreds of transactions to set up and it is takng us a bit longer than we initally thought.

Everyone knows that thier payments are due by the end of September. As long as you make efforts to make payment and let us know if there are problems we will work with you to get the payments made. You won't lose your tickets if you bank mucks you about. We understand that these will be for most of you unusual transactions and banks love triggering fraud alerts.

DON'T PANIC!!!!

We will post when we have sent the e-mails with the instructions.

Until I return you to your normal programming....

Becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Alexa » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:33 am

Thanks Becky.

LOLOLOL! I'm not panicking, I was just curious if the whole time frame was being modified.

I guess I'm lucky that my bank never triggered any fraud alerts... I would have thought it would do that for Avalon, but after these past 3 years, all Gabit and Legends payments went through without a problem. I think they should be pretty familiar with your names by now.

Anyway, like I said, I was just wondering if we were looking at any time frame alterations.

Good luck with work.
Alexa

Emails for payment for Tickets

Postby Twinklecat3 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:45 am

I haven't gotten any information or received any email referencing payment for tickets. Have the emails been sent out yet? Thanks so much!! :roll:
Twinklecat3

Re: Emails for payment for Tickets

Postby Becky_Preen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:27 am

Twinklecat3 wrote:I haven't gotten any information or received any email referencing payment for tickets. Have the emails been sent out yet? Thanks so much!! :roll:

No e-mails have been sent out yet and will not for a good few days.

Please be pateint.

Becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Twinklecat3 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:41 am

Thank you so much...very patiently waiting..........
Twinklecat3

Postby llperkiss » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:49 am

Twinklecat3 wrote:Thank you so much...very patiently waiting..........

Waiting....not one of my better qualities, but I'll try. :whistle:

But then, I am moving on the 23rd which means my computer will be shut off on the 22nd and probably won't be back up until the 25th. So, it will cut it close. But I'll be patient. :nerner:

(love those little yellow people but I'm hiding right now so you won't be able to see me.) :ph34r:
llperkiss

Postby Twinklecat3 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 am

I can lie like a rug if I have to...Just concerned that I will MISS something and I surely do NOT want to do that. Gotta check that email every day, y'know. :whip: so-I will check again when I get back in to work tonight. Nice to chat with you. G'night.
Twinklecat3

Postby llperkiss » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Twinklecat3 wrote:I can lie like a rug if I have to...Just concerned that I will MISS something and I surely do NOT want to do that. Gotta check that email every day, y'know. :whip: so-I will check again when I get back in to work tonight. Nice to chat with you. G'night.

Love the icon. Looks like a row of dogs and a little duck walking past them. Am I correct. :lol:
llperkiss

Postby Twinklecat3 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Actually, it is a cat walking past a row of dogs with the 23rd Psalm. cause that's how cats are-nutty, psychotic, weird, and generally insane.

George Carlin had a quote: Cats have a quality I find admirable: blamelessness. When a cat makes a mistake, he doesn't accept responsibility, or show embarrassment. If he does something really stupid, like jumping onto a table and landing in four separate coffee cups,he somehow passes off the thing as routine. Dogs aren't like that-if a dog knocks over a lamp, you can tell who did it by looking at the dog-he acts guilty and ashamed. Not the cat. When a cat breaks something, he simply moves on the the next activity. :badgrin:
Twinklecat3

Postby llperkiss » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Twinklecat3 wrote:Actually, it is a cat walking past a row of dogs with the 23rd Psalm. cause that's how cats are-nutty, psychotic, weird, and generally insane.

George Carlin had a quote: Cats have a quality I find admirable: blamelessness. When a cat makes a mistake, he doesn't accept responsibility, or show embarrassment. If he does something really stupid, like jumping onto a table and landing in four separate coffee cups,he somehow passes off the thing as routine. Dogs aren't like that-if a dog knocks over a lamp, you can tell who did it by looking at the dog-he acts guilty and ashamed. Not the cat. When a cat breaks something, he simply moves on the the next activity. :badgrin:

Oh so true. I have owned both, but currently I am owned by two cats. They make me believe it is my fault for anything they do because I had the nerve to put it out for them to see.
llperkiss

Postby Alexa » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 am

llperkiss wrote:
But then, I am moving on the 23rd which means my computer will be shut off on the 22nd and probably won't be back up until the 25th. So, it will cut it close. But I'll be patient. :nerner:

Really? I'm not moving (yet again) until towards the end of the month. And there's no internet yet at the new place... but that's what work e-mail is for....

:D

Good luck with moving. I feel your pain.....
Alexa

Postby llperkiss » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 am

Alexa wrote:
llperkiss wrote:

Really? I'm not moving (yet again) until towards the end of the month. And there's no internet yet at the new place... but that's what work e-mail is for....

:D

Good luck with moving. I feel your pain.....

Work - what's that. I had enough of that and quit working about 2 years ago. I packed all my possessions and moved. Put my house up for rent. Big mistake, I should have sold it. Now, I am going to have to wait to sell it. And, I can't buy anything until I sell the place. Oh well, so be it.

As for this move, it isn't across the country only about 5 miles. So, no big deal, except for the cats. They like boxes. They are jumping all over them like a playground. After this move, I'll do it again in about 2 years when I buy a condo and settle in permanently. Then, they will have to dynamite me out of the place. Or I'll just sit and let the movers pack everything. No, think I'll go for the dynamite. :D
llperkiss

Postby Twinklecat3 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:47 am

I moved here about 12 years ago, and I really feel that is the end of it unless it would be REALLY worth it. And yes, boxes are a big draw for the 'boys' now...I have an empty soda carton that will not be allowed to be thrown out as there is generally something with teeth and claws in it! :roll:
But yes, work email is a useful thing-see, I am back at it. Yay.
Twinklecat3

Postby Mumsey » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Anybody who may be without internet access in the next couple of weeks (holidays-moving etc) should contact me on registration@gabitevents.co.uk and I will mark the register with that information so that we will expect not to get a response when the emails go out. Your tickets will be kept for you. Go move or enjoy your holidays without worrying.

We will post here when all the emails have gone out and you can then let us know if you haven't received yours.

As Becky said - Don't Panic!

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Alexa » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:27 pm

I think I should be safe as I registered with my work e-mail...... my boss might not be very happy, but I work 12 hours a day without any overtime charge so I'm pretty sure he's willing to give me break on one or two personal e-mails on that account...

llperkiss, I had to move twice in a year.... had to sell, then rent until the new house was built.... this time it seems to be permanent for a while, depending how work goes. I spend more time chasing contracts for my boss outside of the country than I do here so I might end up having to move again in another country if i'm promoted.... spare him the plane tickets....

LOL! Twinklecat, I swear, if I see another box I'll pass out!
Alexa

Postby llperkiss » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Alexa wrote: I swear, if I see another box I'll pass out!

Better stay away from my place. It is wall to wall boxes with cats running across them and jumping from one stack to another. They think I set this up as a form of entertainment for them. Hmmmm maybe if I get a real large box they will jump in and I can stack it with the rest....no they may want food. Not moving until Wednesday and it could take another day or two until they're unpacked. Oh well, was a thought....maybe I get a box for me instead.

I'm at the breaking point, I'm going nuts......hahahahahaha...

:ROFLMAO:
llperkiss

Postby Alexa » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:20 pm

llperkiss wrote:It is wall to wall boxes with cats running across them and jumping from one stack to another. They think I set this up as a form of entertainment for them.

They're in DISNEYLAND!!!!! Don't take it away from them..... have a heart!

LOL!
Alexa

Postby llperkiss » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:03 am

Alexa wrote:
llperkiss wrote:It is wall to wall boxes with cats running across them and jumping from one stack to another. They think I set this up as a form of entertainment for them.

They're in DISNEYLAND!!!!! Don't take it away from them..... have a heart!

LOL!

Not a problem. I am at their beck and call. I even let them have a majority of my bed because I don't want to bother them.
I have slept in some strange positions working around these little animals that somehow stretch out to be about 6 feet long. :roll:
But life wouldn't be the same without having little four footed scamps running around and claiming ownership of the place (and me)! :lol:
llperkiss

Postby Twinklecat3 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:50 am

Remember, dogs have owners, cats have staff... :badgrin: mine have a fountain, a cat tree, empty boxes, numerous cat toys, bizzy balls, catnip items..do I need to go on? Spoiled rotten they are! HA
Twinklecat3

Postby Alexa » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Twinklecat3 wrote:Remember, dogs have owners, cats have staff...

ROTFLMAO!

Truer words have never beenspoken.....

But man are they cute or what?
Alexa

Charmed Pass Upgrade

Postby Libra » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:19 pm

For those of us on the waiting list for charmed pass's, is there any idea when we'll find out if we've been allocated one?

Thanxs
Libra
Dreamers are the creators of new worlds.
Libra

Next

Return to Meet The Man - Announcements