Welcome

Moderators: liesl_99801, Jenn_S, Moderators, Admin

Postby Trindajae » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:28 pm

liesl_99801 wrote:Dodgy as in of questionable character, strange. It is ment to be a joke as Jenn always calls me a Stupid American and I call her a Dodgy Scot. LOLOL

That totally makes sense! And I wouldn't be half surprised if more than one of us are a bit dodgy. ;)
==================================
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Trindajae

Postby llperkiss » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:25 pm

Ok, I have another question to pose for liesl_99801. How do you manage to work on Gabit if you are in Juneau, Alaska? Now I've been there and I am almost sure it is not next to England. I could have sworn it is closer (but not that close) to where I am in Seattle. Just curious. I know AT loves animals, and some of us fans qualify in other ways, but are you promoting her to whales and seals and such??? Hey, fading minds want to know.
I think I am spending too much time at my keyboard. Oh well, got to do it if I want to make a buck.
llperkiss

Postby Trindajae » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Nope, polar bears. Cuz all the polar bears are Amanda fans now.
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
Trindajae

Postby mocha » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:57 pm

you're silly! everyone knows that polar bears can't get cable tv shows where they live.
mocha

Postby No1_sonuk » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:58 am

mocha wrote:you're silly! everyone knows that polar bears can't get cable tv shows where they live.

They take turns to watch on liesl's TV.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Trindajae » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:11 am

They got to watch Continuum being filmed. That's what started them all hanging out at Liesl's house for the reruns.
Trindajae

Postby Keely » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Dr Doolittle is a girl then? lol
Keely

Postby Jenn_S » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 pm

liesl_99801 wrote:
Dodgy as in of questionable character, strange. It is ment to be a joke as Jenn always calls me a Stupid American and I call her a Dodgy Scot. LOLOL

Questionable character? AHAHAHAHA I love it!

It is nicknames that came outta love! LOL

There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile can speak them all!!
Jenn_S
GABIT Staff

Postby Trindajae » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:33 am

One of the first things I learned at my job... If you're not being heckled, you're just plain not loved. Only the people we consider not to be part of the family get treated perfectly politely. Otherwise, the rule is to come up with the most outrageously & obviously untrue insults possible. I usually get teased about being a mafia kingpin. ;)
Trindajae

Postby liesl_99801 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Hello,

Sorry I have not posted lately but this Polar Bear has been in transit to the UK. I am currently at what is known as the Gabitry (Julia's house) for a staff meeting. Will not be home till April 7th. I will have limited internet access but will answer any questions people might have as soon as I can. Cheers!!

P.S. The Dodgy Scot (i.e. Jenn) arrives tomorrow for the meeting!!! LOLOLOL
:newbanana:

Liesl
liesl_99801
GABIT Staff

Postby Jenn_S » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:57 am

Well that really depends on two things....

I aint even packed yet and it is ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nearly midnight and more important than that I have not had food yet!

I aint moving til I have so I may be turning up at Julias door in my PJ's ;)

J.x.

There are hundreds of languages in the world but a smile can speak them all!!
Jenn_S
GABIT Staff

Postby mocha » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:07 am

liesl_99801 wrote:Hello,

Sorry I have not posted lately but this Polar Bear has been in transit to the UK. I am currently at what is known as the Gabitry (Julia's house) for a staff meeting. Will not be home till April 7th. I will have limited internet access but will answer any questions people might have as soon as I can. Cheers!!

P.S. The Dodgy Scot (i.e. Jenn) arrives tomorrow for the meeting!!! LOLOLOL
:newbanana:

Liesl

hi, you are going to vancouver, aren't you? i'm looking forward to meeting you. i'm enroute there. we left the 19th an are currently in saskatoon, sk where it is freezing cold.
mocha

Postby GingerKid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:15 am

mocha wrote:
hi, you are going to vancouver, aren't you? i'm looking forward to meeting you. i'm enroute there. we left the 19th an are currently in saskatoon, sk where it is freezing cold.

Dude, it was WAY nicer yesterday than it has been (only -9C)!!!! Just last week it was -29C... At least now you know what I mean when I say the weather is obscene. Seriously, is it not supposed to be spring?
GingerKid

Postby Trindajae » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm sorry... My brain refuses to accept -29C as a temperature that happens where humans live. It's possible I've been spoiled by very mild winters. (We got to -16C last January. The city shut down and the news was talking about how it was the coldest winter in 40 years.)
Trindajae

Postby GingerKid » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm

-29 is really nothing... a little ridiculous for March, but we get -56 here occasionally, and -40 regularly. Funny stuff when you are out walking and nobody else is in sight. It's like "Um, should I BE out here?" The consensus is: probably not. When I was a kid and it was -40 my siblings and I used to see who could run around the house naked the most times. We may have been suffering from brain damage. I think this only resulted in one instance of frostbite. Mm-mm-good. I wonder if my mother knows that we did that...
GingerKid

Postby llperkiss » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Aerfen wrote:-29 is really nothing... a little ridiculous for March, but we get -56 here occasionally, and -40 regularly. Funny stuff when you are out walking and nobody else is in sight. It's like "Um, should I BE out here?" The consensus is: probably not. When I was a kid and it was -40 my siblings and I used to see who could run around the house naked the most times. We may have been suffering from brain damage. I think this only resulted in one instance of frostbite. Mm-mm-good. I wonder if my mother knows that we did that...

Maybe just freezer burn..... too cold for me. But I guess it is what you are use to. Seattle doesn't get that cold but am intertube could be useful. Make it easier to get to the grocer on come days.
llperkiss

Postby Trindajae » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 am

Aerfen wrote:We may have been suffering from brain damage.

Or, you know... Inflicting it. :roll:
Trindajae

Postby GingerKid » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Trindajae wrote:
Aerfen wrote:We may have been suffering from brain damage.

Or, you know... Inflicting it. :roll:

Probably a fair assessment. ;)
GingerKid

Postby mocha » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:43 am

Aerfen wrote:-29 is really nothing... a little ridiculous for March, but we get -56 here occasionally, and -40 regularly. Funny stuff when you are out walking and nobody else is in sight. It's like "Um, should I BE out here?" The consensus is: probably not. When I was a kid and it was -40 my siblings and I used to see who could run around the house naked the most times. We may have been suffering from brain damage. I think this only resulted in one instance of frostbite. Mm-mm-good. I wonder if my mother knows that we did that...

yesterday we were in ft. mcmurray,ab., and i was sure it would be colder since it was so much farther north, but i packed the car and had to take my jacket off. i'm surprised at how warm it was. the trip was a disappointment tho because the book said i'd be able to see the northern lights there, but there were no lights. i was so disappointed. i've been looking forward t0 that for months. i did see more stars than i've ever sen in my life tho.
mocha

Postby GingerKid » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:14 pm

mocha wrote:yesterday we were in ft. mcmurray,ab., and i was sure it would be colder since it was so much farther north, but i packed the car and had to take my jacket off. i'm surprised at how warm it was. the trip was a disappointment tho because the book said i'd be able to see the northern lights there, but there were no lights. i was so disappointed. i've been looking forward t0 that for months. i did see more stars than i've ever sen in my life tho.

Alberta tends to be warmer due to Chinooks and whatnot. There is also a lot more protection from wind than you get out on the flat old Saskatchewan prairie. But it is finally warming up here!

Unfortunately for you, you can only see Northern Lights when it is VERY cold. I actually haven't seen any this year - it just didn't get cold enough. They are apparently becoming rarer and we will eventually not be able to see them at all from North America (according to my brother - although what his source is nobody knows). What a shame... I really missed seeing them. They really are remarkable and one of the benefits of a polar climate.
GingerKid

Postby Keely » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:23 pm

scuse my ignorance but - Chinooks??

Just made me think 'military'
Keely

Postby No1_sonuk » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:39 pm

No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Keely » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:02 pm

thank you :)

yep, my brain was wondering wat a helicopter had to do with the cold lol
Keely

Postby GingerKid » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Keely wrote:yep, my brain was wondering wat a helicopter had to do with the cold lol

Perhaps with enough helicopters, a good wind could also be created by the propellors, although I would venture a guess that the temperature of said wind would be dependent on the climate........... We should attempt an experiment. :p
GingerKid

Postby Amanda_Tapping_Fan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Flip, are you talking about -56 and -40 fahrenheit or celcius. Either way thats freaking cold.....it was like...5 degrees celcius last night....and its autum here...my gosh and I think 0's cold.....
Amanda_Tapping_Fan 4 Life

"The men cheered, the Woman Fainted, and the children waved multicolored flags" :D
Yip thats me, Im a woman when It come to Amanda
Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Location: somewhere...some place..looking like a kiwi fruit with cucumber/tomato legs...

PreviousNext

Return to AT4 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long