Cocktail Party 2nd Draw

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Cocktail Party 2nd Draw

Postby Mumsey » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:06 pm

Invitations have gone out tonight to the next group of people who have been drawn for the Cocktail Party tickets. Check your inboxes. You may have been lucky!

I need quick responses please.

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby stargategirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:29 am

nothing in my inbox..... :(
stargategirl

Postby Trindajae » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:05 am

mamasue9 wrote:nothing in my inbox..... :(

Not me, either. So you'll have at least one buddy at the traditional Non-Cocktail Party that we have at the nearby pub. :)
==================================
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
Trindajae

Postby destin139 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Yep, I'll be joining you guys too *sigh*
destin139

Postby Emmauk26 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:06 pm

:cry: nothing in my in box, looks like Donna and myself will be joining you at the pub, hope we get to sit with everyone this time, we were all lonley sat on our own last time with no one to talk to but each other, :( looking forward to seeing eveyone again; were hoping to be more involved this time, we kinda sat on the fringe of everything last tiime just watching everyone, here's hoping we've got the guts to do it. :lol:

Emmauk26

Postby Trindajae » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:12 am

My first instinct is to hide at the edges of crowds, too, and the thought of introducing myself to a group of people where everyone seems to already know everyone else... It's the stuff of nightmares.

But!

Conventions are loads more fun when you pretend to be brave and introduce yourself to people. (Actual bravery is not required.) So if you find yourself all alone in the pub, look for one of the several large groups of crazy loud people wearing fandom-related t-shirts or convention badges. Then go up, say hi, and ask if you can join them. I can promise that I'll say yes, even if we have to steal a chair from somewhere to fit you in. :D

If you go find a table off by yourselves, we're likely to assume that you're done with people for a bit and wanting some space, not that you're shy. So if you're in the mood to socialize, just say so.
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
Trindajae

Postby llperkiss » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:01 am

Ah Trin, don't worry, I won't let you hide in a corner anywhere. I am there to party and have fun and I'll drag you along, roomie! :D
llperkiss

Postby Trindajae » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 am

Ha! No worries about that! I usually overcompensate for shyness at conventions by talking incessantly. It'd be much better if you help me keep my foot out of my mouth...
Trindajae

Postby Emmauk26 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 pm

aaaahhhhhh thanks Trin that means a lot, we're gonna really try this time, looking forward to meeting you again. :D

Emmauk26

Postby Trindajae » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 am

Emmauk26 wrote:we're gonna really try this time, looking forward to meeting you again. :D

And ya know, if you find yourself unable to muster up the courage to come over to whatever undoubtably loud & rowdy table I end up at, you can also just catch my sleeve as I go past yours. :D
Trindajae

Return to AT5 - Announcements