Hotel Codes

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Hotel Codes

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Due to the current air traffic chaos over Europe as a result of the Icelandic Volcanic ash, we have decided to withhold the hotel booking code temporarily.

This will ensure that the hotel doesn't have more pressure to book rooms while they are in this extremely hectic work period.

As soon as airspace resumes normality we will issue the hotel code to those who buy tickets for AT5.

Julia
G4
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Postby llperkiss » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Not a bad idea to let the "dust" settle first. Make sure the money gets transferred over and all those headaches are out of the way as well.

AT5 is still 10 months away. I like to book early, but even I can give it a little wait. ;)
llperkiss

Postby No1_sonuk » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:45 pm

llperkiss wrote:Not a bad idea to let the "dust" settle first.

:facepalm:
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby CharlieBlue » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:32 pm

I never used that code for AT4, because I couldn't get it to work, for some reason, so after much trouble I just booked my room in the regular way.

I'll just do that again - I can afford it - and I didn't have any problems at all when I arrived with the "booking around the code" for the event.
- CharlieBlue!

The name Amanda is based on Latin "amanda", meaning "lovable, worthy of love". It is a perfect name for her, right?
CharlieBlue

Postby Trindajae » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:47 pm

My mother doesn't much like computers. She just called the hotel and did it over the phone, instead. (She called the US toll-free number and had them connect her, so it wasn't an international phone charge.) She didn't have the booking code, just the convention name. It still worked. Of course, she had to spend 45 minutes doing it while it would've taken me much less than that online, but I consider that a good thing because her lack of understanding of the accent was what finally got her to agree to watch Doctor Who. Eight months later, she had no problems at the convention and only a couple related to grammar while we were gallivanting around town.
==================================
Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.
- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)
==================================
Trindajae

Postby Riftzone » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi,

is the hotel code avaible yet, maybe my email spam fliter has eaten the email with the code in...
Riftzone

Postby Mumsey » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:01 pm

This from Becky on the AT5 chat thread...

"I did manage to get A code fromt he htoel but it it not work on all the booking platforms. they have given us something else now. when it's been tested and we know it works we'll send it out.

Honestly at the moment we don't have time to manage any issues there may be so I am not releasing it until I am very sure it's working.

Becks"

Hang in there. We're up to our necks with MTM and SE. There's plenty of time yet to book the hotel for AT5

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Riftzone » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:03 pm

Cool, thanks for the fast update.
Riftzone

Return to AT5 - Announcements