Who is Thomasina Gibson?

Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Who is Thomasina Gibson?

Postby SamJackShipLover » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:48 pm

I checked out the schedule ... SQUEEEEEEEEEE, it's getting so close now .... and I have a question.

Who is Thomasina Gibson?? I see her name come up a couple of times, on stage, with the autograph session. But I've no idea who she is and I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't know.

*feels dumb, but asks anyway lol*
SamJackShipLover

Re: Who is Thomasina Gibson?

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm

SamJackShipLover wrote:I checked out the schedule ... SQUEEEEEEEEEE, it's getting so close now .... and I have a question.

Who is Thomasina Gibson?? I see her name come up a couple of times, on stage, with the autograph session. But I've no idea who she is and I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't know.

Thomasina is an author of the official companion books and writes the press kits for Stargate Sg-1 and Stargate Atlantis. If you ask the people who went to AT1 and AT2 they will tell you how entertaining she is and what a mine of information she is on all things Stargate related as she has visited the set in Vancouver loads and loads.

Hope that helps,

Julia
G4
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Postby Mumsey » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Thomasina is a journalist and writer. She wrote several of the Companion books for SG1. She was also the organiser of the Avalon convention.
http://www.culttv.net/index.php?cm_id=4 ... pe=article

Kay aka Mumsey
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby SamJackShipLover » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:54 am

OK, thanks. I never heard of the the official companion books, but well, Stargate isn't a big thing over here. "A mine of information she is on all things Stargate related" sounds pretty cool :D

At the autographsessions, is she there to sign stuff herself?
SamJackShipLover

Postby Becky_Preen » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 am

SamJackShipLover wrote:OK, thanks. I never heard of the the official companion books, but well, Stargate isn't a big thing over here. "A mine of information she is on all things Stargate related" sounds pretty cool :D

At the autographsessions, is she there to sign stuff herself?

Thomasna does sign autogrpahs if people request them. If you don't have a copy of one of her books, then there is always your event program.

Becks
G4
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby SuetheLurker » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Yes, she is happy to sign stuff ..................and also very happy to talk about everything to do with SG1, Atlantis, Sanctuary and just about every other TV show or film you care to mention..........................just please do not ask her to sing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

..........I am sure that someone who was at the AT2 auction will explain.
SuetheLurker

Postby Mumsey » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 am

You are bringing the bucket, aren't you? Please say you're bringing the bucket! :shock:

Mumsey
(in a panic)
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Becky_Preen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:33 am

Mumsey wrote:You are bringing the bucket, aren't you? Please say you're bringing the bucket! :shock:

Mumsey
(in a panic)

Don't worry I bring the big orange one too...
Becks :badgrin:
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Pegasus Angel » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 am

Come on you should be marketing Thomisina to those unsuspecting of the audience. Tell her to sing, then get people to pay for her to stop, all in the name of charity. Milk her for all she's worth! (Or our pockets in fact!)

It worked once! :lol: :badgrin: :D
Founder of the Facebook group:
SANCTUARY - Friends For All
Pegasus Angel

Re: Who is Thomasina Gibson?

Postby matoak82 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:57 am

SamJackShipLover wrote:I checked out the schedule ... SQUEEEEEEEEEE, it's getting so close now .... and I have a question.

Knowing that she will be at AT2, I brought 2 of the companion books from SG-1 and she was kind enough to signed them both. Thomasina Gibson is a very nice, warm, and sincere person to meet. She's loaded with information regarding her time spent with the casts of SG-1. Oh, she's a hugger like Amanda! :)
matoak82

Postby Babelfish » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:31 pm

Mumsey wrote:You are bringing the bucket, aren't you? Please say you're bringing the bucket! :shock:

Mumsey
(in a panic)

Thomasina singing at the auction was the only time I had difficulties to keep the camera rolling. I was laughing too hard... :D
Babelfish

Return to AT3 - Chat