Urgent reminder about hotel room booking

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Urgent reminder about hotel room booking

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Urgent reminder!!

The group booking rate with the Hotel for AT3 finishes on Tuesday 1st April, so next week people. Anyone who hasn't yet booked their room should do so before Monday to get this reduced room rate. After that, it will revert to the normal hotel rate.

Julia
G4
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Postby Becky_Preen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Dear all,

Those of you who have booked the event rate at the hotel may shortly be receiving your e-mail reminders/ confirmations. if you look at these carefully you may find ( to your horror!) that the rate has has tax added to it.

PANIC NOT

The Marriott have been upgrading their system and now all listed rates have to be entered as excluding VAT ( sales tax) unfortunately someone has goofed and entered our including rate as an excluding rate which means your rooms look like they will cost you more.

They won't

The rates are still 75 pounds per room per night for a single room and 85 pounds per room per night for a double or twin room on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights of you booked using the convention code.
both these rates INCLUDE VAT and breakfast.

Anyone with squiffy reservation confirmations will get this sorted out on check in. We will be warning the front desk in advance ourselves and our event manager is also aware so don't worry we'll sort it out if there's a problem.

Not long now!!
Hugs
becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby Pegasus Angel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Oh thanks for this, I was worried :D
Founder of the Facebook group:
SANCTUARY - Friends For All
Pegasus Angel

Postby antoa315 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 pm

When I booked I didn't get the con rate for Sunday night. I assume this can also be addressed at check in? The rate I got, while slightly cheaper, didn't include either VAT or breakfast, so I think it would be better to get the con rate that night.

Thank you all for all your hard work putting this shindig together! it's much appreciated :)
antoa315

Postby Becky_Preen » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 pm

antoa315 wrote:When I booked I didn't get the con rate for Sunday night. I assume this can also be addressed at check in? The rate I got, while slightly cheaper, didn't include either VAT or breakfast, so I think it would be better to get the con rate that night.

Thank you all for all your hard work putting this shindig together! it's much appreciated :)

Sorry Amanda, if you didn't book the sunday night at the con rate from the outset, I cannot gaurantee you will get it changed on check in. You opted for a non convention rate and the hotel have rnow eleased all the conrate bedrooms.

Everyone had the option of booking the conrate which includes breakfast & VAT and some people opted to save money and book different rates which were cheaper and skip breakfast.

The hotel will change the physical ammount charged on the con rate to the originally quoted amount.( ie not charging VAT twice) but if you booked a different room rate in the first place they are not obligated to change it. Just to warn you.

Hugs
becks
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Postby antoa315 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 pm

Becky_Preen wrote:Sorry Amanda, if you didn't book the sunday night at the con rate from the outset, I cannot gaurantee you will get it changed on check in. You opted for a non convention rate and the hotel have rnow eleased all the conrate bedrooms.

Everyone had the option of booking the conrate which includes breakfast & VAT and some people opted to save money and book different rates which were cheaper and skip breakfast.

The hotel will change the physical ammount charged on the con rate to the originally quoted amount.( ie not charging VAT twice) but if you booked a different room rate in the first place they are not obligated to change it. Just to warn you.

Hugs
becks

I wasn't even given the option of getting the con rate on Sunday night when I booked. I was under the impression when I booked that the rate was only good for Friday and Saturday nights. I gave them the code when I booked via the toll free 888 number and they said that it was good for the 2 nights. It was only in the past couple days that I found out that the rate should have been offered for Sunday night too.

*edit* I wanted to add that I know you guys can't do anything about it. I plan on asking the front desk when I check in and hope for the best.
antoa315

Postby Mousie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:04 am

Becky_Preen wrote:Dear all,

Those of you who have booked the event rate at the hotel may shortly be receiving your e-mail reminders/ confirmations. if you look at these carefully you may find ( to your horror!) that the rate has has tax added to it.

Is anyone able to clarify what 'Shortly' means? A lot of people will be leaving in the next few days. Has anyone recieved their confirmation yet?
Mousie

Postby Becky_Preen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:49 am

Mousie wrote:
Becky_Preen wrote:Dear all,

Is anyone able to clarify what 'Shortly' means? A lot of people will be leaving in the next few days. Has anyone recieved their confirmation yet?

I think it depends on if you are signed up for reminders or when your first night is... doesn't seem to be a pattern though. sorry.

Becks
G4
Becky_Preen
GABIT Director

Return to AT3 - Announcements