Photography and other policies at AT3

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Photography and other policies at AT3

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:14 pm

We've been getting a lot of emails from people asking about GABIT's policy on photography at AT3 etc.

Here it is in a nutshell and it is quite simple.

Absolutely *no* photography allowed in the autograph room or photography room. You will be required to put your cameras/belongings/handbags into the bag check as you enter.

Anyone attempting to take a photograph in that room will be asked to leave and may forfeit their right to take part in the rest of the event. We do this out of respect for Amanda and for other fans who are meeting her.

Absolutely *no* photography in the "Tea with Amanda" room. When you come in you will be asked to hand in your bags/cameras to the steward at the door. This is a new room this year. Julia from the G4, and John, the photographer will be at the other end of the room and John will take a professional photograph of the group for everyone at the end.

Photography is allowed at the beginning of the Q & As for the first five minutes only.

No photography at the cocktail party while Amanda is at your table. You will be given a professional photograph of your group with Amanda which will be taken by John. You may take photographs of each other and the room when Amanda is not at your table but please respect the other attendees and Amanda herself and do not continually flash your camera. For security reasons we do not allow people to wander around the room while Amanda is moving around the room. If you do take photos and are inconsiderate then we will ask you to put your camera away.

All mobile phones/blackberry's etc must be switched OFF in all the event rooms. They interfere with the equipment we use. Standby/Silent mode is not acceptable, they must be completely switched OFF. As such you are not allowed to use mobile phones with cameras to take photos in the main hall. The taking of Video clips or movies, is not permitted at any time.

These rules are very simple. They have been formulated as a result of years of experience at Events. Having flash photography continually going is uncomfortable for the guest. Respecting their privacy while they are meeting people at both photography and autograph sessions is also important. We would expect Amanda's fans to be respectful and adhere to these rules but we have on occasion sadly had to enforce the rule.

Hopefully this answers the questions we've been getting in emails. Feel free to cross post to other groups/forums where you feel it is necessary.

Julia
G4
Chairman, Guest Services Director, GABIT
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Postby lilferret » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:21 am

Photos for only 5 minutes? Or just no flashes after that?

*wibble*
Jenni

lilferret

Postby antoa315 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:50 am

lilferret wrote:Photos for only 5 minutes? Or just no flashes after that?

*wibble*

I asked the same thing on GW and they said that you can take flash-less pics after the first 5 minutes :D It's just so we don't blind her.

I always keep the flash off at cons anyway, so I am good.
antoa315

Postby lilferret » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:03 am

Oh thank God.

*flails*

Good thing I bought that nice new shiny camera. Though con lighting is not very good for flash-less photos.

I took both at Burbank.
Jenni

lilferret

Postby lilferret » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:55 pm

Hey ladies (and gent), what is the exact dress policy at the cocktail party for men?

My husband has a pair of dress slacks, shoes, a dress shirt and tie...but does he need a jacket?

And what about the rest of the event?
Jenni

lilferret

Postby No1_sonuk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:38 pm

That sounds fine for the cocktail party. Jacket is optional.

The rest of the event is casual.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby lilferret » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:32 am

Ok good. Not sure if we'll get the jacket or not. He's mulling it over. :roll:
Jenni

lilferret

Postby Alexa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Regarding the no flash policy rule at the event, not having been at any other AT event in the past and only knowing the Avalon auction in the dark Cathedral experience, I'd just like to ask..... will the room be properly illuminated to allow for no flash photos or do I need to get night goggles for the camera?
Alexa

Postby julia_teasy_hague » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:56 am

Alexa wrote:Regarding the no flash policy rule at the event, not having been at any other AT event in the past and only knowing the Avalon auction in the dark Cathedral experience, I'd just like to ask..... will the room be properly illuminated to allow for no flash photos or do I need to get night goggles for the camera?

The Hall will have the stage lit with stage lighting, therefore Amanda will be illuminated. As to whether you will get good quality photos depends entirely on your camera and lens. I'm afraid it's impossible to answer.

Julia
G4
Julia - Guest Services Director
G4, Gabit Events
julia_teasy_hague
GABIT Director

Postby Alexa » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:06 pm

The actual quality does indeed depend on each of us and what cameras we have....

I was just unsure as to what light will be available for.... well on actually.... Amanda. Most don't own professional cameras and any comercial, so to speek, camera requires quite a bit of light if you're gonna take the flash off and still expect photos that will make sense.

I don't want to get some state of the art tool for just a few shots. I'm not coming to the event for a photo shoot, I just want to be able to commit some memories of Amanda on film, so to speek, this time. Last time I walked away with one photo that was any good out of 200 taken.

Like I said I only had that previous experience to rely on and.... well... the cathedral hardly had any stage light.... if any actually.....

You did in fact answer my question, and I am very grateful for that.
Alexa

Return to AT3 - Announcements