Sanctuary Premier

Spoilers for Amanda's new venture go here.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Sanctuary Premier

Postby karjens40 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 pm

I have to say WOW... I loved it loved it...and did I mention loved it? The only "issues" I had were that for me it was a little sluggish in the beginning but it got moving very very quickly and was fantastic. The other thing was that there were a couple of cast changes from the webisodes that I didn't get... But that was it.. The F/X were phenomenal, The visuals were not as dark as the webisodes which didn't detrac from the tone of the show in any way and made it easier to see. Amanda was just totally amazing and I really love the Magnus character. So congrats to Amanda and the Stage 3 team for bringing such a great new show to television.
Are you gonna do the accent?- F&S
karjens40

Postby Sutekh » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:48 am

Sigh - I saw 95% of it but there was a power cut at 8:57 which came back at 9:04. Thankfully repeated on Wednesday...

But its looking good so far; we only got the first hour of the pilot but it was fairly close to the webisodes - just expanded versions. It seems a little lighter than the webisodes were and I shall reserve judgement if that is better, worse, or about the same but nice to have more decent Sci-Fi on our screens.
Reality is for people who can't handle Science Fiction!
Sutekh

Postby Erin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:56 am

I LOVED IT!!!!!! The backstories, the acting, the characters, and the fantastic VFX!!! EVERYTHING!! Just LOVED it!!! I'm hooked yet again...

Was the mermaid cool or what?
Erin
Erin

Postby Keely » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 pm

I thought it was awesome, but then I thought that the first time around too :D

I know it was 'lightened up' some for TV - but it was still pretty dark I thought too...

Twas cool - can it be Part 2 now pls??
Keely

Great

Postby llperkiss » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 pm

It was awesome. The first time I watched I thought it was a little slower at first. But I watched it a second time (thank you DVR) and it really wasn't slow. I must have been tired. Because I watched on Sunday and I loved it even more. I took some time to look around at the set and what some of the activities that were occurring. Amanda Tapping and crew did a fantastic job. Thanks to them all.
llperkiss

Postby Zoe » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:10 pm

I loved it! Really awesome. It's not on one of the main channels over here (goodness knows why!) but I'm so glad it was shown again :D The whole team behind it have done an amazing job transferring it all to tv.

I did have to point out to my Dad that Amanda was Helen. After 10 years of SG-1, he hadn't realised it was her with dark hair :lol:
Zoe

Postby Keely » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Funnily enough my Father got duped by the 'disguise' too
Keely

Postby llperkiss » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:11 pm

Saw the second one last night. It was even better. The Sci-Fi channel better pick this up for a 20 episode season next year. It is a great and fun show.

Suggestion to all. Send an email or letter to the network or channel running the show. Let them know that you are really enjoying it and want them to continue. For each letter they get they figure there are a very large amount of people who enjoy it but don't write. So, let's give Amanda and the crew some help and keep the show going for a lot more seasons.
llperkiss

Postby Keely » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:25 am

Keely

Return to Sanctuary Spoilers