Accomodation and Attendees

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Postby Sutekh » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:59 am

angiebaby wrote:Hello Im Angie and I'm staying at beryl arriving Thurs leaving sat for Friday PM session nice to know there are other peole staying there as well :) does anyone know how to get there from bristol temple meads train staion having real problems with transport from North Wales!

Hi Angie - I'm travelling the same way. There is a bus from Bristol to Wells and I'll let you know the number. Sadly I'm on a work trip for a few days (I don't even know which day I'll be going home!) and I'll let you know the number ASAP (written on an envelope at home).
Reality is for people who can't handle Science Fiction!
Sutekh

Postby angiebaby » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:27 pm

That would be great thanks, i really appriciate it! :D
angiebaby

Postby Astra » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:13 pm

That would be two numbers for busses - 375 and 376.

Just look here http://forums.gabitevents.com/viewtopic ... 3&start=25

I posted a bus time table in the middle of the thread.
Funny pictures with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com
Astra

Postby bounce1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:13 pm

My friends and I are staying at the Crossways Hotel, arriving Friday leaving Monday :lol:

There will be 7 of us staying there. Can't wait to get there.

Bounce :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sue
bounce1

Postby demongr » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:18 pm

I have updated the list. If you do not see your name in, just PM me and I will add you. :D
There are no accidents, everything is planned
demongr

beryl

Postby gatersg1 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:59 am

hey angiebaby!!!!!, i'm staying at the beryl too, arriving same day and leaving same day too!!. i have the fri AM session tho.

gatersg1
gatersg1

Re: beryl

Postby angiebaby » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:19 am

gatersg1 wrote:hey angiebaby!!!!!, i'm staying at the beryl too, arriving same day and leaving same day too!!. i have the fri AM session tho.

gatersg1

Cool at least there will be someone to have breakfast with I hate dining alone :cry:
angiebaby

Postby Furrtiv » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:05 am

The owner of the B&B where I'm staying rang me a couple of nights ago to confirm I was still requiring the room - bless her, she sounds very old-fashioned and sweet, she wanted to know why all the B&Bs were booked up! When I told her, she admitted that she wasn't online and had never heard of either Stargate (the film or the TV series) nor had he seen Macguyver! :shock:
Furrtiv

Postby Sutekh » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:45 am

Some people should stay in more...

Angie - I'm also at the Beryl (although our breakfast crossover will just be one day). All the same, hope to se you there!

Stuart
Sutekh

Postby Rowan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:58 pm

Just noticed me and Crazygater have been missed off: we are at Manor Farm, same as Alison, Thursday and Friday nights. NB: that's Manor Farm Dulcote, not Manor Farm Wells (which is apparently further from Wells...)

Very close to Wells (walking distance to the venue) and sounds really nice. Sounds like there might still be places if anyone is still looking.

We can also take a female sharer, as our suite sleeps 3.
Rowan

Postby Jacksbabe » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:47 pm

I emailed the hotel/B&B I'm staying at a week ago, just to confirm ... you know, paranoia and anxiety creeping in ...

I still haven't heard from him!!

Anyone else staying at Canon Grange had that problem? :(
Jacksbabe

Postby jasoncyrus » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:09 pm

At worst Jacksbabe you could book a room at one of the bristol hotels. They'll probably have rooms left since a lot of people are staying in wells.
jasoncyrus

Postby Mousie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:07 am

I've had to cancel my room at the Bay Tree B&B in Wells. I will still be attending the event but am now going to drive there and back in the same day. I had a twin ensuite booked if anyone is still looking for accommodation in Wells.
Mousie

Postby Diney » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:24 am

Seeing as I live only 1 hour away from Wells Hubby and I decided to go for a look. We actually stayed at the Bay Tree B and B. It was really lovely and well presented. Opposite from the Mendip and Enfield B and B. The poor guy didn't even seem to know what Scifi was let alone Stargate. Lol He does now. He was very friendly and promised to put cotton wool in his ears as my hubby said we'd pobably be pretty noisy and excitable. Lol How does he know???

Anyway if this is a help. I parked in the Union Car Park because it's close to The Palace and you can park there 24 hours. Park in the middle aparrantely cos they have CTV there. Also it's £5 - I think that's for over 4 hours. Wells itself is a perfect venue you almost can't get lost. The Palace is at one end and the High Street is so small with quite a few cafes and pubs. I never found the White Hart though. From the car park walk passed a restuarant and turn right to the High Steet passed the library and - I think the pub is called The Red something.

I drove passed The Coxley Vineyard - that seemed a good way out of town. You might need a taxi. Even the Bay Tree seemed a good walk especially if it's raining and storming.

Hey can't believe it's soon here. I even got a tingle standing in the entrance of the place. The Palace place is stunning with the moat surrounding it truly picturesque.

Diney
Diney

Postby Mousie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:20 pm

Diney wrote:The poor guy didn't even seem to know what Scifi was let alone Stargate. Lol He does now.

Yeah, when I called to cancel he said it was ok to get the deposit back as they were quite busy that weekend but he didn't know why. lol.
Mousie

Postby angiebaby » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:06 am

Sutekh wrote:Some people should stay in more...

Angie - I'm also at the Beryl (although our breakfast crossover will just be one day). All the same, hope to se you there!

Stuart

Fantastic it's always nice to meet new peeps! :D pm me nearer so we can arrange a meet up time! You too gater!
angiebaby

Crossways Hotel

Postby J.R. » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:26 am

bounce1 wrote:My friends and I are staying at the Crossways Hotel, arriving Friday leaving Monday :lol:

I am staying at the Crossways Hotel from Thursday till Saturday. I have to be back home for work on Sunday.

I look forward to meeting you. I am attending the Friday am. session.

:D
J.R.

Postby Sutekh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:26 pm

Jacksbabe wrote:I emailed the hotel/B&B I'm staying at a week ago, just to confirm ... you know, paranoia and anxiety creeping in ...

Jacksbabe - heard anything back yet?
Sutekh

Were are you staying

Postby griefus2 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:21 am

Just thought I would post also... new to this site anyway I am coming from the US and will be staying at the Marriott's City Centre, booked late so had to take what I could get
Anyway coming in on the 20th and leaving on the 26th of November heading back to London....
Anyone else staying there, would like to get together with people... I thought I read somewhere that someone had planned a get together in Bristol before the event...

Have a great day
Pat
griefus2

staying in Bristol

Postby clairebear » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:37 am

Hi Pat

My Mum is staying in Marriott Royal in Bristol - there are also a fair few others who have posted on this link who are too... I am sure that they would all be pleased to see you after your journey from the US! I am not aware at the moment of anything formally organised for people staying in Bristol, although from the posts that I am reading I am sure that something will happen!

(I post on behalf of my Mum as she is not tekkie!)

Best wishes
Claire :D
clairebear

Postby Diney » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:54 am

Well if theres no meet up in Bristol - but I'm sure there will be - we are planning to invade soemwhere in Wells itself. It's really not a very big centre so look for people walking around with a huge grin on their faces and maybe a 'spaced out' expression. :D
Diney

Re: Crossways Hotel

Postby bounce1 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:12 pm

J.R. wrote:
bounce1 wrote:My friends and I are staying at the Crossways Hotel, arriving Friday leaving Monday :lol:

I am staying at the Crossways Hotel from Thursday till Saturday. I have to be back home for work on Sunday.

I look forward to meeting you. I am attending the Friday am. session.

:D

Looking forward to meeting you too, we are at the Saturday AM session with the Saturday afternoon coach trip. Hoping to get to the hotel in the afternoon then look around Wells to find the parking and where the event is. :lol:

My friends are called Kim, Dave, Pat, Paula, Matt and Lorna, maybe we could meet for breakfast and you can let us know how it went. :D
Sue
bounce1

Postby Jacksbabe » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:04 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Jacksbabe wrote:I emailed the hotel/B&B I'm staying at a week ago, just to confirm ... you know, paranoia and anxiety creeping in ...

Jacksbabe - heard anything back yet?

Yes I have!! I'm all set and he's got our room ready :) He even told us about local buses etc (though I'm getting a lift from the bus station now).

So that's:

Hotel - check
Bus tickets - check
Registration - check
New outfit - check

;) :D
Jacksbabe

Postby angiebaby » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:07 pm

Jacksbabe wrote:Hotel - check
Bus tickets - check
Registration - check
New outfit - check

;) :D

AAAHHH! I still cant decide what to wear it's driving me NUTS!!!!!

There was a top i saw in a shop a few weeks ago now I can't find it anywhere!
angiebaby

Re: Were are you staying

Postby Helilover » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:24 am

griefus2 wrote:Just thought I would post also... new to this site anyway I am coming from the US and will be staying at the Marriott's City Centre, booked late so had to take what I could get
Anyway coming in on the 20th and leaving on the 26th of November heading back to London....
Anyone else staying there, would like to get together with people... I thought I read somewhere that someone had planned a get together in Bristol before the event...

Have a great day
Pat

Hi Pat,

There are a couple of us that are staying at the Marriott City Centre as well. I arrive on the 22nd and will be heading into London on the 26th as well.

Goldie
Helilover

PreviousNext

Return to Avalon 2006 - Chat