Stargate Continuum ( SPOILERS )

Spoilers for Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Universe and movies go in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

Stargate Continuum ( SPOILERS )

Postby Stargazer82 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi there!

I am a massive Stargate (and Amanda Tapping) fan. Have any of you guys seen Stargate Continuum? I am dying to get my hands on a copy of the DVD. Apparently it is out on DVD here in the UK on 18 August! :D
Stargazer82

Postby Mumsey » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:35 pm

The only way to see it at present is to download an illegal pirate copy. It will be released for the first time in the US on July 29th.

If you see this film before that date I would ask that you do not discuss it on this forum.

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby Mumsey » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:05 pm

As the film is released today, I have unlocked the topic and you can post away.

I would only ask that you do not discuss downloading it. Talk about the film itself is fine.

Kay G4
Life - It's far more important than what you do for a living.
Richard Dean Anderson
Mumsey
GABIT Director

Postby No1_sonuk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:29 am

Mumsey wrote:As the film is released today, I have unlocked the topic and you can post away.

I would only ask that you do not discuss downloading it. Talk about the film itself is fine.

Kay G4

Also, ANY spoilers should be in the SPOILERS forum, NOT here.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Sutekh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:03 am

No1_sonuk wrote:Also, ANY spoilers should be in the SPOILERS forum, NOT here.

That's THAT conversation cut short.

Seriouly - unlike many folkes I know, I rather liked Ark of Truth. This is an improvement. Not as much Jack as I would have liked and, under the circumstances way less Hammond than I'd have liked but a good story. The way the enemy's technological feat (I think that's the best spoiler free way to put it) is achieved is one of those rare bits of writing that is consistent with what has gone before but doesn't overly dwell in catchup plot-lines. And good to see some old faces again.

One niggle (slightly off topic but...) Major Davies: Isnt he rather overdue for promotion to Lt Col? Very well earned by now!
Reality is for people who can't handle Science Fiction!
Sutekh

Postby lilferret » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:32 am

Major Davis?

I squeed. :lol:
Jenni

lilferret

Postby No1_sonuk » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:19 pm

Sutekh wrote:
No1_sonuk wrote:Also, ANY spoilers should be in the SPOILERS forum, NOT here.

That's THAT conversation cut short.

You can make it as long as you like in the spoilers forum. We can move this thread to there if you like.

They were created because several of the G4 and GABIT staff, including BOTH primary site admins (myself and Peter), don't like spoilers, and don't want to get spoiled when checking if posts need moderating.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Sutekh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Sorry - sarasm is probably my first language and English my second. In no way meant it was a bad idea, etc.

BUT - is it worth moving the thread into the spoilers section? Can easilly create another but then we can end up with similar threads saying the same thing...? Would spoilers be a better section for it?
Sutekh

Postby clairec007 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:29 pm

OMG fantastic, why o why they don't release this on the big screen. Please can this be shown at AT4...at least it will be on a bigger screen than my TV.
The extra's are great. Well worth the wait!!
Life without SG-1...boring!
clairec007

Postby suse_germany » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 pm

I really think we should move this one here to the Spoilers section... I don't like watching every word I write for spoilers... ;)
suse_germany

Postby No1_sonuk » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

Now moved to spoilers section.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Franny » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 am

i really loved watching continuum.it is a great movie.
Franny

Postby Sutekh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:50 am

OK -spoilers time!

Just SO many of the cast in this film it is unbelievable! Pretty much all the System Lords - and Peter Williams deaths on screen must start to rival Michael Shanks soon (OK, maybe not).

I know many people dislike the Time Travel stories: I love them. This worked well for me and was really well dealt with. The question of how Baal can have time travel answered as being through accessing our computers. The occasional reminder that the Goa'uld are still pretty smart is a damned good one too.

The full cast is (unsurprisingly) great. Terrific to see President Hayes again and having Hammond there as his Military Aide was great. The look of shock on Sam's face when he didn't know them was terrific.

I have to say Chris Judge really shone in this. A different take on Teal'c as a very willing servant to win freedom for his people - but still knowing they were false gods he was killing for. And boy, did he die well.

09/10 overall. More please!
Sutekh

Postby Lockets » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:45 pm

I loved this film..the cast were amazing it was nice to see how they had managed to include some old faces and pretty much got most people involved!

x
Lockets

Stargate movies

Postby llperkiss » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:15 am

All though it hasn't been officially announced. RDA said he is going to knock off about 10 pounds before the next movie. He said it aged him a little. Like anyone cares that he is aging a little.
And, there has been a lot of chatter about the first 2 movies doing so well, the 3rd one is for real.
Also Atlantis also has a go ahead for a movie
llperkiss

Return to Stargate spoilers