STARGATE SG-1 CANCELLED

Spoilers for Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, Universe and movies go in here.

Moderators: Moderators, Admin

STARGATE SG-1 CANCELLED

Postby matoak82 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:23 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Gateworld posted the announcement today. What a blow. I am bummed out. At least, the last ten show of season 10 will be shown later in March 2007.
Meg :cry: :cry: :cry:
matoak82

Postby Uuzz » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:08 pm

a sad day. :( :cry:
Uuzz

Postby Terrah » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 pm

Indeed :( :(
Terrah

Postby desertblossom » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:13 am

But if you read Cooper's interview at gateworld.com, you will see that something is in the works and will be announced soon! So do not be too upset.

I am hoping both SG-1 and SGA will move to another channel, preferably one without commercials! :D

And please don't stop watching this season's episodes, just to make some kind of point. It won't help, and remember the actors on the show deserve our support!

DB
desertblossom

Postby Uuzz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:38 am

desertblossom wrote:And please don't stop watching this season's episodes, just to make some kind of point. It won't help, and remember the actors on the show deserve our support!

DB

true. i cant watch them Live cause i live in Italy, but (for those who can)stopping to watch it now would be wrong: the actors on the show deserve it, and if the ratings are strong we could have something: movie, miniserie, filmtv, something. if ratings drop it will be the end.
Uuzz

Postby jannagalaxy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:19 am

Remember what the star trek fans did for star trek!
Janna Galaxy - Queen of The Gods!

jannagalaxy

Postby No1_sonuk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:01 pm

In one of the specials I saw, someone (might have been Robert Cooper in the "200" special) mentioned that they considered renaming the series because of the cast changes at the beginning of season 9.
That would have messed up the "Longest continuous-run Sci-Fi Series" record, though. Now that's well and truly broken, maybe that's what they're going to do.

ISTR the mentioned name was something like "Stargate Command". That would open up whole new angles like following different teams, rather than concentrating on SG-1, as well as being able to bring in SG-1 regulars, and maintaining the SGC set for Atlantis cross-overs.
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby N'Ka'K » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:48 pm

I'm sad but it' a life. Everythings have an end.I wait the end and the movie i hope to watch an amazing episode.
Many thanks to SG1 and gaters, a great familly.
A nostalgic and Hopeful French fan.

For " stargate command" i heard this too.
O'NEILL: Summat wrong?
CARTER: No. I've just never blown up a star before.
O'NEILL: Well they say the first one's always the hardest. (Sam looks at him) They say that.
N'Ka'K

Petitions and the like

Postby Sutekh » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:12 am

well, firstly, can I just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Right, well, as DesertBlossom mentioned, Robert Cooper has said that SG-1 is not over - but he has been unclear on how it may continue. Full article is HERE

And petitions have been set up - in less than 24 hours, we've reached 9,311 responses (although, lets face it, there are many duplicates). The petition can be signed HERE and the list of signatories is HERE

Also, I found the Tissue-Box campaign (http://laundr.us/). The idea of sending an (erudite) note with an empty Tissue box (the words "more please" written on the side) should rather inconvenience the Sci-Fi office post room. the suggested addresses are:

Bonnie Hammer, President
NBC Universal | Sci Fi Channel,
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY, 10112

Mark Stern, Executive VP Original Programming
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY, 10112

David Howe, Executive VP and General Manager
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY, 10112

Also, if you wish you may send a box or letter to MGM Studios thanking them for their support of the series over the years. They are currently looking into other networks and options to continue SG-1. Their address is:

Charles Cohen, Executive Vice President
MGM Television Entertainment,
10250 Constellation Boulevard,
Los Angeles, CA, 90067
Reality is for people who can't handle Science Fiction!
Sutekh

Postby demongr » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:24 am

Where i live only one channel had the guts to get the Stargate Series. Well they decided that only one season was enough. :( :(

That was years ago and i am talking about the 1st season. That did not stop me from buying all the season box sets and watch them all (at this moment my friend in the UK has the 8th season waiting for me). I will get the rest of the seasons as they come out. For now i just have them downloaded in my computer till the time comes for the sets to be released. :D :D

This has been one of the best scifi shows i have ever seen (I still love all the others i have watched over the years).

I hate to see a great show like this one go out like this. I will miss it and I know that i will watch all the movies they will make after this is over. Or even if they make a new series based on SG I will still watch. :D
There are no accidents, everything is planned
demongr

Re: Petitions and the like

Postby No1_sonuk » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:49 pm

Sutekh wrote:Also, if you wish you may send a box or letter to MGM Studios thanking them for their support of the series over the years. They are currently looking into other networks and options to continue SG-1.

We can only hope that the network that killed Enterprise doesn't get hold of it...
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby Sutekh » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:26 pm

Or Angel. Or Threshold. Or Firefly......
Sutekh

Postby kirsti » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:36 pm

I found this one stargate forum today so I've posted it here.
This just in from Michael's publicist:

Can you please post this on MSOL from Michael regarding the news of Stargate's cancellation:

"Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. But I look at it as the closing of a chapter, not the whole story."

From Michael Shanks On Line, yesterday. It seemed to me that MS wasn't terribly shocked. He was, as far as I know, the only cast member who sought other acting gigs in the off-season, doing the "CSI Miami" and is currently filming a movie for the Lifetime Channel.
It is a shame, but in england our stargate is on sky one so I think they will still show it in the uk but not sure.
SAM AND JACK THE HEART OF SG-1.
kirsti

Postby Sutekh » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:47 pm

One website to look at: http://www.savestargatesg-1.com/

A lot have popped up but this oneseems to be the most coherant I've found!
Sutekh

Postby Lockets » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:46 pm

A sad day i agree, lets hope that they can come up with some other channel i cant believe there are not places that would be desperate to get their hands on the show especially as the ratings are beginning to climb again..i hope they go through the roof and SC- FI are left looking really stupid!!

Lockets
xx
Lockets

Postby Helilover » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:18 am

No1_sonuk wrote:In one of the specials I saw, someone (might have been Robert Cooper in the "200" special) mentioned that they considered renaming the series because of the cast changes at the beginning of season 9.
That would have messed up the "Longest continuous-run Sci-Fi Series" record, though. Now that's well and truly broken, maybe that's what they're going to do.

ISTR the mentioned name was something like "Stargate Command". That would open up whole new angles like following different teams, rather than concentrating on SG-1, as well as being able to bring in SG-1 regulars, and maintaining the SGC set for Atlantis cross-overs.

I could live with them calling it "Stargate Command". It truly hasn't been the same since RDA left the show. Does anyone know if Stargate Atlantis has, or may, be canceled as well?
Helilover

Postby No1_sonuk » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:48 am

Helilover wrote:Does anyone know if Stargate Atlantis has, or may, be canceled as well?

The article I read on the BBC News web site said:
However, it also confirmed that it will pick up Stargate SG-1's spinoff series Stargate: Atlantis for a fourth year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5276092.stm
No1_sonuk
Site Admin

Postby The Ferret » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:43 pm

This fuzzy little creature that capture our heart and soul is not a rodent.
The Ferret

sg1 tissue box campaign/ writting letters

Postby iloveamanda » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:17 pm

hi everyone

I hope I do this right this time lol, I was going to send some tissue boxes to sci-fi but which person has the most power to change the desiction to cancel?
And what kind of things do we put in a letter?

Julia(iloveamanda)
iloveamanda

Postby kirsti » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:43 pm

You no this sucks, I just hope they can make a real good ending, there are so many lose ends not done and it would be a shame if there never happen. Its the same thing what happend to farscape, the canceled it because the ratings droped. I think season 9 and 10 where brilliant, alot of people dont agree. I've signed ever pertetion I could get my hands on. But if nothing comes out of it, at least weve had ten fabulous years of the show, and its rocked all the way though. You never no Atlantis mite of some guest appereances so thats something to look forward.
xx kirsti.
SAM AND JACK THE HEART OF SG-1.
kirsti

Postby Sutekh » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:31 pm

I really don't know the accuracy of this - but I thought I'd stoke the rumour mill and claim credit if it turned out to be right...

-------------------------------------------------------------

When the SCI FI Channel announced last month that Stargate SG-1 would be ending at the end of the season, there was much speculation as to whether the series would be able to continue in some form. MGM has reportedly been shopping the series around to other networks but there don't appear to be any takers at this time.

IGN TV recently visited the set of Stargate SG-1 and we asked everyone if they know what's going to happen with the series. Pretty much all the cast members told us that, while nothing's definite yet, it sounds like there will be several Stargate TV movies produced after the series ends.
Sutekh

STARGATE SG 1 CANCELLED

Postby toigree » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Sci-Fi Friday has been the cornerstone of their programming for years. Farscape, Stargate, Battlestar....all gone or gone soon. And Dr. Whos production schedule is so erratic you never know when thats going to show back up.

What does sci-fi have now for original programming? Eureka, Ghost Hunters, and Scare Tactics? Sheesh It wouldnt surprise me to see the whole channel get cancelled soon. Although I do like the occasional episode of Eureka.

I didnt know Caprica got the green light for sure, it almost has to now. Well, at least we have one more half season of Battlestar and Atlantis. If I remember I think theyre supposed to team up on Fridays to finish up their second halves next year.
toigree

Return to Stargate spoilers